• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Vale 0-0 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well it's deadly quiet in here after the game. Any reactions?!?

Game was poor, attendance was abysmal, general atmosphere was poor. All in all, a large disappointment. How they get away with charging £19 is also beyond me!

Two poor teams on the day made for a quite boring game. The first half was poor for Rovers. I dont remember them having a shot on target. Tranmere's play was poor. Ronnie promised us he'd use the wide men to take advantage of Vale's wide pitch. What was he smoking?!?

Tranmere hoofed the ball upfield for most of the game. There were a few passes on the floor, but not many, and they amounted to nothing anyways..

I think the ball spent more time in the air than it did on the floor.

I've now come to the definate conclusion that Jennison Myrie-Williams is actually crap. he cant do anything a wide man is supposed to do. he cant shoot, he cant cross, he cant take people on. He's far too lightweight and spends a lot of time on the floor. A problem Shuker suffers with , but at least can take people on!

I'm pleased Andy Taylor has signed for another month. Quite a solid player, and shown again today he does the job asked of him.

Greenacre and Zola hardly had a sniff today, very disappointed in Tranmere's overall play today.

It seemed their mentality was to defend for 90 minutes as there was no-one willing to take the ball forward. We gave away the ball far to easily and allowed Vale to attack us.

I think Ronnie Moore sums it up nicely. "We were a bit lucky."

We need to play much better to get into the top six!

Player
Liam Palmer
Wasn't there, glad I didn't go by the sounds of it.

Another chance to beat a team in the bottom four blown. It'll count against us at the end of the season, just like last season.

Maybe Ronnie could start being a bit more honest with us - if he said before the game "we're going to go out, battle away, thump the ball as high and far as possible and defend like hell for 90 minutes" rather than all these promises about wide/silky/flowing/passing football, at least we'd know what's coming.

Tough game coming up at Luton - third best home record in the division. Don't be fooled by them being bottom four - they'll be even more desperate to win.... =;