• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Udders v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tough one this, the home side have made some good investments over the summer and hit the ground running winning both games. Former Rovers hero Anthony Kay is only on the bench.

A few decisions for Les to make. I assume Nielsen will be recalled instead of Collister, despite Joe's solid showing at Walsall. Will the new loanee striker Kayleden Brown start (presumably at Gornell's expense) or come on from the bench?

A good result here would be avoiding a tanking, but I can't see us coming away with any points.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
the only change will be in goal brown will be on the bench i can only see an easy home win im afraid.

drwhoman

HUDDERSFIELD GAME

I see Brown has only been signed for a month. Not really sure what the point of this is other than that it gives Rovers the chance to send him back if he is not good enough. Mind you with Gornall as your competitor....... Maybe as well they will want to see how McGurk goes. We need loanees but not dribs and drabs for a month here or there unless the loan is injury related. Talking about loanees, I see Logan has been named in the Man City EPL 25 along with Tevez and all the other expensive so called superstars!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah I noticed Kay cant get into their eleven - maybe we should try and get him on loan !

Will be made up with a point but cant see it to be honest. Same team except for keeper.

Still early days but if we lose we're already down there and it makes the Bournemouth game next weekend a 6 pointer !

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Yeah I noticed Kay cant get into their eleven - maybe we should try and get him on loan !

Not surprised. Most overrated TRFC player of recent times.

Agree with Boz re: expectations.

Talking about loanees, I see Logan has been named in the Man City EPL 25 along with Tevez and all the other expensive so called superstars!

Yeah to help them make the minimum requirements for homegrown players in european competition. He'll never get a game...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'll be there to cheer the lads on. Realistically, not expecting anything from the game. Huddersfield have much greater financial clout and therefore better players and greater strength in depth. But the game isn't played on paper, and those better players could have an off day and our lads could over-perform.

Expect that Brown will be on the bench alongside McGurk. The reason behind a month loan must surely be that he's untried. There are no guarentees that he will be good for us, so it makes more sense to play it by ear. If he does well then it can be increased. There is a limit on number of long-term loans you can make, so best not to waste them. I presume Les has been trying to secure a more experienced player but has had no joy, so this is the route we have to take.

drwhoman

HUDDERSFIELD GAME

Man City are a total joke. I see they signed Balotelli for GBP24m yesterday and are going to sign Milner for a similar sum with Ireland and Bellamy both getting the punt. The game is totally skewed these days financially and the irony (he hopes!) is that you will never win the EPL with a complete team of foreign mercenaries - you need local lads who will stand up when the chips are down. I would advocate a salary cap but there are too many ways to slide around it. We have one in Rugby League here - one team has just had two titles stripped and will earn no points this season for exceeding the cap - imagine the fuss if that happened in English football!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope we see McGurk at some point tomorrow. I'm quite interested in how he gets on as a fully fit injury free McGurk might get us a few goals.

Always remain positive though. Look what happened last year. We went behind 3 times and got a point out of the game. Enjoy the game Coops.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Man City are a total joke. I see they signed Balotelli for GBP24m yesterday and are going to sign Milner for a similar sum with Ireland and Bellamy both getting the punt. The game is totally skewed these days financially and the irony (he hopes!) is that you will never win the EPL with a complete team of foreign mercenaries - you need local lads who will stand up when the chips are down. I would advocate a salary cap but there are too many ways to slide around it. We have one in Rugby League here - one team has just had two titles stripped and will earn no points this season for exceeding the cap - imagine the fuss if that happened in English football!

I suspect City have more English players in and around their first XI than the traditional top 4: Hart, Richards, Onuoha, Bridge, SWP, Johnson, Barry, Lescott...Milner? One of the first things Mansour did was invest heavily in the youth set-up. Sturridge left of his own accord, of course. It's hard to criticise Mansour for spending his money, but obviously there are wider issues and some sort of turnover:wage cap might be useful in protecting clubs from their owners, so to speak.

Player
Goodison
Man City are a total joke.

The Premier League is a total joke, I enjoyed last weekend when we weren't having Rupert Murdoch powered propaganda been rammed down our throats. Now it's back to the endless hype again!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I enjoyed this weekend far more than last in that respect - thought the City game was really good entertainment.

Tranmere did well today. Looking forward to hearing SCoops account.

Status
Not open for further replies.