• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC vs OLDHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Already pretty stoked for this one.

Surprised to see Oldham languishing down with us in the relegation zone. They had a more abitious recruitment policy than ourselves in the summer and fought to keep hold of Chris Taylor and Neil Eardley who were both named in the League 1 team of the year last season I believe, both under the age of 21 and understandably believed to be coveted by other clubs. Pawel Abott has scored goals (when fit) though the less said about the form of Keigan Parker - widely known to be a former target of ours under Ronnie - the better. Ex-Rover Rueben Hazell will likely be on show while Jason Price could also figure having joined them yesterday on loan from Milwall.

I'm expecting Shuker to retain his place on a 4-4-2 after Les singled him out for a bit of praise post-Charlton - think he said Shukes put in a "tireless display" or something. Curran on the right, Moore and Gornell up front. Welsh, Mclaren...same back 5 as always...I'm not gonna bother moaning about the absence of Barnett again...

Got a funny feeling we won't win this though and I'm normally one of the more positive ones - it would just sort of be typical for us to somehow lose 1-0 or something. Big big game, very winnable.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
This is a MASSIVE game in the bid for survival to stay up. A win would be a huge boost for the team. Oldham are a better side than their league position suggests, but like ourselves under Digger n Trigger, have suffered from a crisis of confidence and are playing poorly.

It'll be interesting to see if this Sordell lad will feature. I presume Watford haven't loaned him to us to sit on the bench, but is he ready for this big big game? Perhaps a place on the bench for the kid?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree about it being a surprise that they're struggling. They weren't able to hang onto Eardley, but still have Chris Taylor, who impressed in their 0-1 win at PP last season; a striker come winger who's big, strong and fast. Parker's lost his way a bit, likewise Abbott, but Sean Gregan's a solid defender.

This is a biggie. I keep yoyoing between thinking it's a game we mustn't lose at any cost and one where we should go all out for a win. Les is naturally cautious and I'm not expecting anything gung-ho.

One enforced change as Zoum is suspended. Cresswell is a like-for-like replacement, though lacking in height and out of favour with Les. The alternative is switching Logan to the left and bringing in one of Edds/Broomes/McCready on the right. Injury permitting, can't see much changing elsewhere(Barnett](*,)) although if Marvin impresses in training maybe he'll feature at the expense of Terry Gornell.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sordell should get a chance up front, otherwise what's the point in signing him. He can't be any worse than Gornell who lacks pace and an eye for goal. Les did say he's fast and strong and would be a good addition to the squad.

Big local game this one and there's always a chance of losing, but if we attack them and show some positivity, like we should have done in the away leg, it's a home win for sure. Shuker has done well recently and I'm sure will keep his place, so that gives us a little more creativity and movement upfield.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
No use trying to put square pegs into round holes. Cresswell at left back of course.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Given Les' philosophy on not changing a successful team, I fully expect it to be the same eleven apart from Cresswell in for the suspended Bakayogo. The new lad will take his place on the bench I reckon.

I think we need to go out attacking straight from the off as if we get an early goal, I think their heads will drop. Jason Price at this level is a decent signing for them plus they brought in keeper Flahavan from Palace who is another good player a this level. Gregan is a old warhorse who is solid enough but does lack pace so might be something there to expose.

I'll be surprised if we lose, I am going for a draw or a narrow home win.

Could be a decent atmosphere compared to recent games

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Oldham are an abysmal team! Anyone who went to the game at Boundary Park would have seen that while we looked rusty afer not playing a game since Wolves, Oldham looked even worse and they were at home!

The confidence in our camp is steadily on the rise, recent results:

Tranmere:

v Oldham (a) 0-0
v Yeovil (h) 2-1
v Charlton (a) 1-1

Oldham:

Hartlepool (a) 2-1
Tranmere (h) 0-0
Millwall (h) 0-1

They have won once in 12 games!!! Have some faith boys. 2-0 win to the whites and out of the relegation zone by 5.00.

SWS=D>SWA=D>SWA=D>SWA=D>SWA

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do agree we'll win at home. I really hope so as we only picked up one win in January. Although to be fair, it was a tricky month with some difficult away games.

Feb already, the season is flying past!

M

Mal

Ironic that Oldham and Tranmere, without Ronnie Moore, are in a far worse position than they were with him. At least Tranmere supporters, for the most part, appreciated that Ronnie had his teams over-achieving. I can only assume that Oldham supporters hate every manager they have had in the past 10 years and are living in the land of artificial soccer pitches still....only they bounce their managers more often than the ball used to

Status
Not open for further replies.