• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC 3 ROTHERHAM 2

M

mikeo32

3RD win on the bounce, i'm a happy chappy!

Some good play from the lads, went a bit down hill when zola was brought off, the linesman we had 2nd half needs to go to specsavers i think!

Overall good game!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, great game to watch. Dizzy heights of 15th! What's going on?? What an excellent Christmas and start to new year it's been. Well done lads. =D>

Even Harrison was good! :shock:

Panicked a bit towards the end when they scored a second. The game should have been wrapped up well before then. At 3-1 we were cruising, then Little made his usual wonderful substitutions, and it all went a bit Pete Tong. Why couldnt he just leave things as they were. ?!?

Great to see the lads carrying on from where they left off. Harrison looked more confident than I've ever seen him . Calvin and Chrissy are looking good up-front and continue to bang in the goals.

No idea who that keeper was but he looked OK. Hard to tell after only one game, but certainly looked very calm. Must have dented Palethorpe's confidence a bit :?

That's now 10 pts from a possible 12. Where will we stop!?!!

SWA!!!

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

WTF. I've never been so relieved to come away with three points. Anyone sat in the stands could tell you they were not going to give up and although they weren't the best side we've seen this season they were still dangerous on the break. Which begs the question why Little made such stupid sustitutions with 20 mins to go?

Having said that we deserved the 3 points despite some very slack passing and some very slack ball control.

Zola was my man of the match, fantastic all game, the boy gets better with each game. Aiston made some good moves again, but he looked like he lacked a bit of confidence to take defenders on at times and was deffo holding back in the first half. certainly worth a new contract though so long as he can raise his fitness levels.

As NBDH will probably say though, Little's still got to go and he take that clown McAteer with him. :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it's good to see Zola playing well. He seems to be playing with some confidence now that he's injury free, I hope he gets better. Certainly in his best form since he's been at the club.

Can we also have some mentions for Danny Harrison please. We are quick to criticise him, but some praise thrown his way would also be nice. He had a good game today, some fine shots on goal and topped it off with a goal. Plus, it will also make my backing of Harrison numerous times when under the cosh seem a little more sane. :D

Seriously, why did Little change from the successful 442 to the annoying 352 via 433? Victory staring him in the face and he still has to change it! Still, he must be a relieved man this Christmas.

M

Matthew The Rover

A good win, we deserved it on the basis of our performance in the first 60-70 minutes. After that we just went to sleep and really shouldn't have allowed them the chance to get back in the game.

Gutted for Carl Tremarco, thought he was excellent but it appears he could have broken his wrist which would be a big blow.

Roberts was much better again whilst Sharps was excellent too. Aiston tired again but looked good whilst Harrison was excellent in the middle of the park! Was very suprised, even more so when he got his second in three days!

McAteer wasn't at his best but Jackson was slightly better and Francis put in another blinder! Greenacre was good, bit lucky he got the goal but a nice finish and Zola did well again, good goal! Thought he was poor first half but he scored a nice goal. He did however look scared of shooting in the first half.

Davies looked tired when he came on and Goodison was just too cool, he nearly gave me a heart attack with some of his touches. Or maybe it was just he was having another one of those "can't kick, won't kick" days.

This leaves Dino in goal, apparently on loan from Luton. Nice save off a free-kick but he hugely miss judged their second. He thought it was going wide and it went in! I pressume Wilson has a knock anyway.

The officials were poor and inconsistent. Don't think either player should have been sent off. Their player should not have been booked first time round whilst Davies, well, I don't think he should have been booked second time round but was lucky to stay on the pitch for the first challange! The linesman who was Kop End second half obviously thought we were playing in Red. I was level with a number of the decisions and they were awful!

Anyway, Brian, stop sitting back on the lead! The tactics worked for the majority of the game and fair play to him for that but I'm going to get a heart attack in the final 10 minutes sometime soon!

Just one extra thing, does anybody think Brian has finally found his best XI?

B

bwilliams

made up with the win

we deserved that and 3 wins on the bounce can't be bad!

as Ian said harrison deserved praise for his performances of late, I also think Sam Aiston has made giant improvements

where now 7 points off a play-off place

In the words of Alan Partridge "Back of the net!"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Going back to what MTR said, the officals were poor. The linesman made some very strange decisions, and the referee was no better. IMO, the two players didn't deserve to go off for their second bookable offences. Very harsh indeed. :x

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Won again! Brilliant stuff although Rotherham could easily have nicked it near the end, a few chances thye had couldnt find the back of the net except one of course the consolation.

well another three points now 15th 7 points away from the play-offs looking good, well in lads.

I thought the referee was good apart from Davies sending off didnt see what he did that deserved a 2nd yellow. But the linesmen with the yellow flag was poor.

oh well, another win under are belts kicking off the year in style, like my pun :wink:

Well in lads!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah good performance although we nearly threw it away at the end. Zola looks to be improving by the game, the service to the front players is getting better, hence Greenacre scoring goals, but that defence...

Didn't know about Dino til they announced his name! Good thing imo, he's better than Wilson and should be here til Achto returns at end of Jan/early Feb. He made a great save second half but in fairness didnt have a great deal to do.

Jackson and Sharps are worrying at the back, a) no pace between them at all and b) both of them can't pass water let alone a football! :lol: We could have lost that game due to not keeping the ball well enough when we were cruising at 3-1 (against 10 flaming men!)

All in all, a win, another win! :lol: Moving gradually up the league and the doom and gloom has lifted... for now :wink:

DixieDean

MOM: Harrison. No doubt. 1 goal, 1 assist, hit the post, had 1 saved and was neat and tidy all game. What more can we ask of the lad?

Zola getting better all the time.

Davies has hopefully learnt a lesson from his sending off. By all means waste time, but don't be so obvious about it....
Also, I don't think the lad is quite up to the task yet and shouldn't be given more than the last 5 minutes of matches.

As for the linesman in the second half I honestly thought he got most of the offsides right. some of them were blatantly offside yet the home crowd were baying for the linesman's blood.

Anyhow, an exciting match. We need more of them at PP.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
Davies has hopefully learnt a lesson from his sending off. By all means waste time, but don't be so obvious about it....
Also, I don't think the lad is quite up to the task yet and shouldn't be given more than the last 5 minutes of matches.

Little harsh on the lad I thought. Wouldn't have sent him off for it. Common sense referee.

Also, I think he can last more than 5 mins. He's a useful player and was extremely useful at Vale. Maybe not the full 90, then again, Aiston can't last the full 90, but he's more useful than a 5 minute sub at the end of the game.

DixieDean

Ian said:
Also, I think he can last more than 5 mins. He's a useful player and was extremely useful at Vale. Maybe not the full 90, then again, Aiston can't last the full 90, but he's more useful than a 5 minute sub at the end of the game.

I'm not saying he's not fit enough to play more than 5 minutes. I just don't think he's good enough to play out on the left wing for a whole game. I'd rather see him get cameo roles up front towards the end of a game. Players can easily be ruined by playing them out of position (remember that superb left back we had called Gareth Roberts?).

M

Matthew The Rover

IMO, not meaning to be harsh to Davies, he deserved to be sent off. Two yellow card offenses.

DixieDean

Ian said:
Little harsh on the lad I thought. Wouldn't have sent him off for it. Common sense referee..

Imagine Tranmere are trailing 2-3 and the game's into added time. We get a free kick and an opponent changes direction and runs towards the ball to intentionally prevent someone like Roberts from taking a freekick. Are you honestly saying that you wouldn't expect to see such unsporting conduct receive a yellow card?
It was a blatant yellow card offence. It's not like the lad happened to be walking past. He went out of his way to change direction and RUN to get in front of the ball.
I'm not saying he shouldn't do it at all (as i'd have soon moaned had they launched a quick freekick and scored), but he just has to learn to be a bit more canny so it isn't obvious.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
If I was the ref I would hav e thought to myself "if i book him now for that he would het a red, would it be worth it" IMO Davies was being a bit unsporting but word telling him to grow up or something hell bkack away if he carroes on fooling around book him then.