• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC 2-0 Crewe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Now we are seeing a bit of consistency and look where it's got us! Up to 6th in the league!

This game reminded me of Tues nights game against Cheltenham. Controlled much of the game and struggled to break through in the first half.

Finally the breaks came and we got two goals in the second half. Much deserved really. We had a lot of the ball, passed it around well, had quite a few shots on goal. Again, I was pleased with how they played.

Bas caused problems again for the opposition, he's quite a consistant performer, I've very rarely seen him have a bad game. Shuker was again menacing and I'm very pleased to see him getting back to his best form and what a great goal he scored.

Let's hope we don't move to far down the league after today's games.

Player
Liam Palmer
Pretty impressive last night - loads of possession, first half a lack of a cutting edge, but once we got the first goal we could have scored a barrowload. I counted at least three great chances we missed, plus their keeper had a couple of top class saves. Maybe we should play teams in red every week. Can't ever remember Rovers winning three games in a week without conceding a goal.

It was good to see Barnett coming on, he looked really neat and composed.

Not getting carried away, however. We've beaten three pretty poor teams, the next three will be a bigger test. And when is Shotton's loan up....?

Still, it's good to be a Rover at the moment. Savour it.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah nice to be in the top 6, albeit likely to be only for a few hours. Like has been said, we've beaten 3 poor teams in Orient, Cheltenham and Crewe but you can only beat what is put in front of you so we have to be happy. Bigger tests will come in the following few games and if we can keep adding points to the board, then all well and good. Its a bit more positive but as we all know, things can change so quickly in football, we have to keep it up.

As for the game last night, Crewe are dreadful, 2 bad mistakes gifted us 2 goals, but we really should have had more with some good chances but poor finishing and disappointingly not testing the keeper much. The first half we were huffing and puffing and getting not very far, then the second half the tempo lifted a bit and there was lots of chasing their players down and their complete lack of confidence showed in the mistakes they started to make, which led to chances and ultimately goals for us.

Not a great performance, although I thought Andy Taylor was outstanding bombing down the left flank, and Shukes had another good game. But its the 3 points that matter and hopefully this week of 9pts will give us a good plateform to build on. But we've been here all before, we have to be consistent and put some good results together to make any indent in the division. Come on Rovers! \\:D/

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A good set of results. The reports suggested Crewe had their chances in the first half. Was it a 4-5-1 formation throughout? Interesting what Tartan says about Barnett, hope he gets a few more chances. Was that the Jennings swansong, I wonder. How much impact did Ian Moore have last night, is he playing on merit or does who Dad is play a part?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
i thought we performed very well. i'm surprised noone has made reference to the performance of chorley, who was absoloutely excellent throughout.

boz, moore had one of his better games - in my opinion he's been one of our worst players this season, little more than a bystander in that role on the right. last night he saw a bit more of the ball however, and was unlucky not to score after missing a sitter after rounding the keeper in the first half and bringing a great save out of the crewe keeper in the second. when the choice is moore or sonko, i guess the decision makes itsself.

shukes looked a threat again, drifted in and out of the game but he did well in general. jennings was the only center midfielder of the 3 that served any actual purpose, kay and edds' performances were very similar, each in a different half. the game passed them by and they didn't really contribute anything of note. kay spent a lot of the game covering goodison at center back, who was in a very strange mood and kept bombing forward at random points in the game, whilst the game rather passed edds by playing in a more advanced role than might natrually suit him. indeed, barnett did more in 10 mins than edds did in the whole game, and i'm encouraged by ronnies post-match comments regarding his performance and the fact that he isnt far away from being a first team player.

good result, onwards and upwards!

tranmeremad7

Player
charlie barnett
I agree, last nite was the best performance ive seen at the park in a while. I thought the young lad Barnett was excellent, for the ten minutes he was on the pitch he was a different class. i heard when he came that he turned down the chance to join Norwich in favour of joining tranmere. Lets hope the lad features in midweek.

Player
Goodison
A good result I thought Coyne, Chorley, Goodison and Shuker were the stand out players. Edds and Shotton were both very disappointing.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's nice to see the manager hasn't been slagged off for a whole week. He must have done something right to get three wins without conceding a goal. Ronnie deserves some credit for once.