• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranny vs Stocko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Thought I'd give Boz a week off from starting this weeks pre-match thread.

Last time we played Stockport at PP, both sides were in and around the hunt for playoff places. How times have changed. Our opponents - local rivals? - are only 4 points ahead of us in the league, and while it may be a bit premature to pull out the "6-pointer" phrase, a win for either team will change the dynamic of the bottom 4.

Les has said this week that he has a clear idea of who is going to be in his starting XI, so will be interested to see how much this differs from Barnes' selection. Mahon in the center, Barnett out wide? Please. As for Stockport, keep an eye out for young center-half Michaal Raynes who has impressed me when I've seen him play previously. They don't offer much threat going forward so hoping we can keep a rare clean sheet.

Player
Liam Palmer
Can't wait for this one - it's like having our club back!

It will be really interesting to see who's in and out - Les knows the fitness levels really well and has promised we'll see some fight out of them.

I'll be there nice-and-early to cheer the lads on to the pitch.

S-W-A!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks SonkORLY?! It will be interesting to see what Les does. It didn't seem there were many stand-out performances v Bury, maybe Craig Curran but don't think anyone else has pushed themselves forward. Mahon in central midfield would be good, otherwise not sure what options Les will go for. My prediction would be a draw, maybe onfield deficiencies papered over by the emotion of the occasion.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
From the Bury line-up, I seriously can't think of anyone who stood out to be picked again. A couple of solid performances by Cresswell and Edds, and Curran worked hard and got a goal, but otherwise they were pants.

Alan Mahon shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment, although was it the Barnes factor? He has been useless since coming back and played his favoured centre mid position on Tusday and was hopeless. Poor passing, poor tracking back.

Hopefully all the players will lift their level of performance for Uncle Les! I can us being 100% motivated and fired up for this one, fingers crossed!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Early team news, Tranmere will have Marlon Broomes available again after suspension ruled him out of the 2-1 loss at Bury on Tuesday night. Otherwise, caretaker boss Les Parry only has Bas Savage on the injury list, everyone else should be available for selection.

For County, Paul Huntingdon will likely return to the defence after a one-match ban. Oli Johnson and Matty Mainwairing are long-term injury problems are will once again miss out for Gary Ablett's side.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Slightly surprised at Les' selection. Cressa dropped, despite SCoops saying he was one of the best @Bury. Debut for Bakayogo. Starts for Edds, Gornell + Curran, while Bain not on the bench. Crowd looks sparse.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
For anyone not at the game and without Sky (like me!), watch online at

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

Entertaining stuff so far, think we're unlucky not to be ahead. If we can maintain the momentum for the second half we might just grab 3 points here.

muhalo

Player
Pat Nevin
I can't find a reason to be that disappointed tonight. Watching on TV (I live in Kent folks, I'd love to be there but can't) it looked like we had a great first half before we lost it early in the second. The encouraging thing though was the revival after the penalty, heads didn't drop for long.

Anyway, Les Parry should be cast in bronze for his post match interview. Not angry at the penalty but at the reasons why Stockport were allowed into that position in the first place. Great stuff. Not sure I want him on the bench permanently just yet but at least there was some heart there today.

And Bokoyogo superb.

(perhaps this should be on the post-match thread but most people are probably still travelling home, and I'm keen.)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'll post fully when I get home. Thought we deserved something out of the game, the red card seemed harsh. Muhalo, I thought Bakayoko was inconsistent, some great attacking play, but poor first touch.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
agree with boz on bakayoko was fairly solid defensivly & whipped in couple of decent crosses but passing was poor and first touch several times was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.