• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Vs Woking

Status
Not open for further replies.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
what does everyone think for this one? are we going to have a young team aiming for experience or are we going to see a full strength side aiming for a boost in morale. shukes is definately out, as is harrison (i think). reckon ronnie will start with:
Achto tremarco sheriff goodison mcready davies mullin jennings jones greenacre taylor

Player
Johnny Morrissey
what does everyone think for this one? are we going to have a young team aiming for experience or are we going to see a full strength side aiming for a boost in morale. shukes is definately out, as is harrison (i think). reckon ronnie will start with:
Achto tremarco sheriff goodison mcready davies mullin jennings jones greenacre taylor

You don't have a right back there, and Jennings is out for 6 weeks. Its gonna be a strong team.

Ward; Thompson, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff; Jones, Mullin, McLaren, Davies; Greenacre, Taylor. imo

Player
Morrisey
I do think that McReady can play RB, but why play him there if he is better a t CB and we can push Sheriff out to his better position and drop Tremaco to the bench. In the talk Tranmere thing, RM stated that he didn't believe that Jones and the other youngsters were resdy for first team football. If he was going to play McReady at RB then why would he hae enquired about Thompson's F.A Cup availability?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think it will be a strong team... possibly:

Ward, Thompson, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Mullin, McAteer, McLaren, Davies, Greenacre, Taylor.

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, Harrison, Jones, Ellison.

Mullin can play on the wing so I can see him starting there as Ronnie doesn't think Jones is ready. Harrison's suspension doesn't start until after the Brighton game so he will be on the bench and Ellison still has a chance of making it so I think he will be on the bench just incase he is needed. It will certainly be a strong team as Ronnie won't want to risk going out of this cup as if we managed to get to the 3rd round and draw a big team it would be some money.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I do think that McReady can play RB, but why play him there if he is better a t CB and we can push Sheriff out to his better position and drop Tremaco to the bench. In the talk Tranmere thing, RM stated that he didn't believe that Jones and the other youngsters were resdy for first team football. If he was going to play McReady at RB then why would he have enquired about Thompson's F.A Cup availability?
Questionable whether Sherriff is better at left-back, he's turned in a few unimpressive performances lately there. Think Ronnie should be trying to bring the youngsters on as sub, when the opportunity arises, otherwise they'll never become ready

Player
Morrisey
I agree with your comment on the youngsters Boz. I was just going on what I heard.

From what I have seen this season (which is very limited) Sherrif has immpressed more when he is out on the left it gives him more chance to get forward and an opportunity to hit that 40 yard screamer he is capable of. Still waiting in hope though.

DixieDean

we need to play our strongest side and get through. No messing around.

10-0.

=D>
:lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
A bit optimistic in the scoreline there but I agree with fielding our strongest side possible. :-D Its up to us to come out of the blocks quickly and get at them... they will be nervous at the start of the game and if we can keep them nervous throughout the game they will make mistakes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ronnie's had enough experience to know that a slip-up us all so very real. He's even said someone's going to slip up tomorrow, so let's hope it's not us! Yes, Ronnie will play the best 11 available to him. I missed the Millwall game so I'm itching to see some goals!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The team is exactly what i said... :-D

Team: Ward, Thompson, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Mullin, McAteer, McLaren, Davies, Greenacre, Taylor.

Only one wrong on the subs bench...

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, Harrison, Jones, Curran.

Nice to see Curran get a place on the bench and hopefully we may be in the situation where we can afford to bring him on.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
If anyone is going in the chat post here and I will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.