• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Luton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Well?

I can't make the game, as I'm on a course all day over here in Sheffield (boooo), so will have to get the old broadband whirring when I get home. I'd like to think we'll win this, they haven't been too hot away from home so far.

A 2-0 win will see us top on GD for at least 20 hours. It'd be nice to see...

Come on the whites! :-D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, although it early days, it's still nice to think we can go top after a win. It'll be a tough test this one, but Luton have lost some good players. Home advantage should see us pull through, maybe by a goal. 2-1.

Hope it's a good attendance also. The atmosphere at home this season has been rubbish. Well apart from the Leeds game when the Leeds fans sang for 90 mins. lol

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Difficult one to call. Think it will be a tight game, either Rovers winning by the odd goal or a draw.

Is Stephen O'Leary still playing at Luton? He showed promise on loan here, but never seemed to break into their first team last year.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I think he is... Would be a good confidence booster to go top seen as we had the chance a few times last season and blew it. Although we do have to watch complacency also as that can creep into a team that starts the season well.

Player
Goodison
I not going to give a prediction because I probably end up putting a hex on the whole thing! Hopefully we can go one step further than last season and take the chance to go top. But its still early days and we were in very similar position this time last year and we finished 9th so lets not get carried away. Shuker and Greenacre are both doubts, although they are expected to play. As long as we keep it on the ground and try and avoid hoofing it too much we should have a good chance, but Luton are no walkovers. Im going tomorrow, will be great to see the first Friday night of the season - you cant beat it.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Hope it's a good attendance also. The atmosphere at home this season has been rubbish. Well apart from the Leeds game when the Leeds fans sang for 90 mins. lol
Yes the gates have been steady but the atmosphere quite subdued. I really wanted to get to this game, a real test against a very good team, on a friday night, the first one of the season - and I really wanted to be there singing my head off and acting like a big ol' fool. But sadly, I'm working and can't get out of it (my boss is a Liverpool fan, unrelatedly, or not). So I'll be willing the team on as hard as I can despite not being there, and I hope anyone who does make it will sing extra loud to make up for my absence.

As for the result, I'd love it if we could keep a clean sheet. I can't see that happening, but would definitely make my night if we did.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'll be online later if you're in the chat NBDH?

I think we can wint this one, Luton aren't firing on a cylinders yet. Let's hope they don't start tonight.

I'll say 2-1 but it will probably be 1-0.

D

Davey Mc

Tranmere 2 - 0 Greenacre and shukes, come on Rovers!!!!=D>

D

Davey Mc

Great Game, We,ve got a good player in that curran and i expect a few clubs in for him when the window opens, but i hope ronnie tells them were to go! Come on Rovers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.