• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere name change! :O

A

AndyRoo16

I have a controversial idea that i think would improve attendance at PP, changing Tranmeres name!

**shock, horror!**

When you ask the average bod in birkenhead who they support, its a question of red or blue? not that many super whites...

however...

Ask the average person in Birkenhead if they are a scouser? and the answer is always "NO!! am from birkenhead me!"

then why do you support Liverpool or Everton.

If Tranmere changed there name to Birkenhead Fc or whatever they would have no excuse and Tranmere WOULD be there home team!

I think it would bring more people into PP.

just an idea!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We do need to bring more people into the ground but I don't think this is the answer. Birkenhead fc doesn't sound anywhere near as good as Tranmere Rovers to me. Everyone has grown up with it being Tranmere. Something does need to be done though as 5,500 home fans is extremely poor for a place which has a massive population.

S

Seanyb

Play some decent football!!!!! That will bring the crowds in. The Northhampton game was shocking! I was so bored watching that game. The worst thing about it was every1 in the Kop were fuming at the performance, but about a minute after scoring they started sining 'super ronnie moore'!!!!????

Also we dont live that far away from liverpool so it is understandable that fans from this side of the water exist. It doesnt bother me one bit. Birkenhead is closer to liverpool city centre then most other surrounding towns (e.g. Runcorn, Knowsley, St Helens, etc) and there all full of liverpool fans. The fact is they play a lot better football then us and people like to watch quality football. I do strongly believe in supporting your local team (like i do), but were not a Premier League team and our most local clubs in the premiership are liverpool and everton. Plus Liverpool are Europe and there aint that isnt many Tranmere vs Barcelona games going at the moment!!!

It suprises me when people want to be so independent from Liverpool when there are so many links between the two places. Like c'mon, were do most of you prefer to go clubbing!? Birkenvegas or Liverpool. Tranmere have the opportunity to improve its status by linking itself to a major city. Im not saying we should be part of Liverpool (cos were not) but we shouldnt deny the links that the two places have got.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Birkenhead FC I can't see it changing anything. Tranmere Rovers is what it will always be. Birkenhead sounds like a scruffy conference north side. No matter what our name is ther'll always be your typical glory-hunting Liverpool and Everton fans on the Wirral.

I tihk the answer is simpy what seanyb says. I think weplay good football but no-one can bothered spending their mioey watching us mess up against Gillingham and other eaily beatable teams.

Once a Rover always a Rover!

N

Nathan_Trfc

if it was called birkenhead fc it wouldnt effect the attendence in my opinion.tranmere rovers is tranmere rovers and should stay that way