• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 4-2 Woking

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We are through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup... but not without a major scare. We sounded like we played fairly well 1st half creating a few chances and going in 2-0 up at the break thanks to goals from Taylor and Greenacre. The second half started well with Taylor getting his second and Tranmere's 3rd. After that though Woking suprising took control and scored a freakish goal. A consolation I thought... It was 3-2 a few minutes later. Thankfully we steadied the ship a bit after that and got a fourth with 7 minutes to go. Greenacre's 2nd made the game safe. We are number 6 in the draw for 2nd round at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

jim

Embarassing performance by all involved in white shirts. Lucky win. :twisted:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldnt say embarassing. OK, there was a period in the second half, after we'd scored the 3rd that we took our foot of the gas, but the game was never in doubt really. Woking were up for it, that you would expect and they worked fairly hard between themselves. Not much in the way of creativity and skill. Their first goal was a little messy really, with the wind causing issues. Just a high ball which somehow found the back of the net within a mel'ee of players. Their second goal was struck well and was poor defending by the whites.

You always felt we could score though, and I believe we could have had a lot more goals had we applied ourselves for 90 minutes, with Taylor and Greenacre looking sharp.

I was also impressed by Mike Jones. I know he wasn't on the pitch for long, but what he did impressed me. He looked lively and played some neat touches, something our midfield is currently lacking. How much longer will McAteer play for before he gives up?

Still, very happy we are in the draw tomorrow abliet being very cold and wet during and after the game. Roll on the winter! :roll:
coldic2.gif

Player
Morrisey
They were always going to score some. I am happy that we have found the net convinsingly.

I went to Gay Meadow today and watched a very entertaining 0-0 between Shrewsbury and Hererford United. They're both League two sides and their football was very attacking and attractive. I would rather pay to watch that than some of the performances that we have churn out recently. Good atmosphere but dearer tickets. Just thought I'd let you know.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
speak for yourself. three quid for six goals and more importantly a win that we needed. ok, it got pretty tense but it was the cup. i dont think that mclaren and mcateer can play together, and i think that if jones had been brought on sooner we would have scored more goals. good to see davies getting a full game and i don't think ellison will be getting back into the first team if he keeps it up. woking looked good at times and i wouldnt be surprised if some of their players move on to bigger clubs, especially their number 9. still, its the result that counts and we got it. number 6 in the draw. can't wait.

Player
Morrisey
If I had the choice I would always go to see Tranmere, it is just that if I had no affiliation with a club I would go to that game. The fact that it is Tranmere means that I wished I was at PP yesterday, but I wasn't. I have just seen the goals on BBC and Taylor and Greenacre have a fantastic partnership going. Davies looked quick and put good balls in the box. Their goals didn't look to good on our part. Still, 4-2 is a good result.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Last two home games we've score 7 conceded 3. That's 10 goals in just two games - how on earth can you be complaining about the entertainment value of the performances being 'churned out recently', perhaps last season, but not this one.

Player
Morrisey
Yes but the whole game was end to end with both keepers stopping certain goals. Could have been 5-5. Also the atmosphere is not the best at Tranmere, but at Hereford vs Shrewbury it is just non stop singing. Of course I would want to go to TRFC, but for the neutral Gay Meadow last weekend would have been enjoyable. I haven't been to the last two games so I cannot comment on them, but what I have seen this season has been a vast improvment on last but some of the football in lower leagues looks better. There are players who are young and have vast skill and want a contract at a higher club. they make the game so eneregetic. Derek Asamoah was immense and got every where. I know he isn't too young at 25, but he would look very good in a white jersey. He was in the box shooting, on the touchle-line taking on two or three men then getting a good ball in. he just didn't stop. Andy Williams is only 19 and his work rate was phenominal. He ran everywhere, closing down defenders, winning the ball and making excellent runs. They are just two of the players on show. The talent was everywhere and a joy to watch.

It is nice to hear that Mike Jones was influencial when he came on (so I have heard). Is there a place for him in the team? Will Ellison get straight back in to the team? I would have to say yes as RM said that he is still a forward and not a winger which suggested to me that he will not keep him out wide.