• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1-1 Leyton Orient

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Could and should have won, but that's by no means saying we were good or we played well. It was an absolutely awful game between two really poor teams. Orient were rubbish, we were slightly better.

The sky around Prenton Park saw more of the ball than the grass. Fair enough, we're in a bad position so clear your lines, but aimless hoofs upfield when under no pressure is not a good sign really.

No crowd, people are voting with their feet and staying away, and who can blame them? There's the hard-core of us who will stay and watch but nobody else is going to bother. Then we'll be losing money hand over fist.

There was a whole sign of negativity and disillusionment around the ground today.

Despite all that, we should have won today. Had all the chances but Shukes wasted 2 great chances and the keeper saved a couple from Curran and Ricketts. They had 1 real chance and scored early on with a free header in the box. Simple basic defending that we cannot do properly.

Can't understand Michael Ricketts' presence in the team. Yes he's big and strong, but rarely showed that today, his passing was off too today. Spent most of the time on his backside. If Les Parry's philosophy is built on fitness, how on earth can he justify picking Ricketts who is clearly overweight, slow in mind and body and offered very little today.

MOTM Craig Curran. Worked his socks off, won so many balls he didn't look like winning. Was the most productive player on the park and always wanted the ball whereas others shirked it somewhat imo.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
How did Mahon and Taylor get on?

Hope Chorley got a good reception...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Mahon was slightly better than of late, still poor from what he used to be capable of back in the day. Taylor lacked composure at the back but defended well, just his distribution was poor and he just hacked the ball clear most of the time.

You'll never beat Ben Chorley got welcomed back, whilst Thornton's every move was greeted by chorus of boos as per.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Like a few of the regulars on here, I didn't go. A decision made at the time of the draw, not as a result of the Swindle woes. It was a brave decision to drop ITM after one bad game, while McLaren and Broomes deserved relegating to the bench after recent woes. However a surprise no subs, especially given SCoops account of Ricketts game. Also feel Cressa a bit hard done by, never getting a chance under Les.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Mahon did well in the first half, but faded badly in the second. Gates are getting smaller and football on display is just grim at times. I didn't know what to do when we scored, it's been such a long time since I celebrated a goal! The lack of goals is a huge problem and also makes the games poor to watch. This needs to be addressed and quickly!

We had a lot of the ball, but in typical fashion, didn't know what to do with it. As Coops mentioned, aimless balls up field. Even Orient weren't that lazy! Come on Rovers, surely you can do better?!?

What a pointless game in the end. Just a reply with nothing to show for it apart from our name in the draw for the 2nd round.
As much as it's killing the club, I don't blame people for staying away. Lot's of season ticket holders didn't even go. Having to fork out £14 on a cold Sat afternoon to watch a 1-1 draw with Orient. Hmm..

Sometimes I wonder why ](*,)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sometimes I wonder why ](*,)

Because you love it! I wouldn't be anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon, no matter how crap we are. If you stop going, you might miss a Rovers win (there's always that small chance) so you just can't miss a game! That's my theory anyway!