• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0 - 3 Bristol City

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a shambles.
Sick and tired of this ****!

Another player sent off (well done McAteer!) which finished the game. IMO, the game was already over after city went 2-0 up.

Matt Murray is bloody awful. Can't kick or keep hold of the ball. I actually felt sorry for Wilson having had to sit out for this guy. Christ, that's gotta dent yer confidence.

The team yet again has nothing about them. No goals again, that's four games without a goal. Seriously, this can't continue.

What I dont quite understand is that people starting chanting Little out after the third went in ?!? Call me crazy but was 2-0 not bad enough? #-o

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
3 players in 4 games have seen red! plus of course several yellows down the line, thats awful.

poor performace we had our chamces but still we played very poor.

Murray - Echoing what Ian said.
Raven - Poor player go back to liverpool.
Goodision - Don't get me started.
Roberts - Obviosuly not bothered about us anymore.
Sharps - He did OK but Ive seen himplay alot better.
Harrison - Scared of the ball.
Jennings - Played OK, again backed out of a few challenges.
McAteer - Dont know why he got sent off but he should know better.
Davies - Thought he played quite well but hes capable of more.
Facey - Quiet.
Greenacre - Played well but should make the mos tof his chances.

Manager - Put us in more ****.
Im glad the We Want Little Chants weren't the ones who sit at the top of the kop it was loads and the protests at the end werent kids it was alot mroe real fans.

The fact is not only were now 2 points away from relegation its the fact weve got lost at home AGAIN!

Little Out!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting comments.
Here's my run down of each player.

Murray - Awful
Raven - OK, did the basics. Nothing special.
Goodision - Coped OK in the centre.
Roberts - I agree with BH. He doesnt looked interested anymore.
Sharps - Poor today. Defending and distribution.
Harrison - Non-existent.
Jennings - Tried but still poor overall.
McAteer - Complete tit. Lost his head when he should be setting examples.
Davies - Tried but too lightwieght and inexperienced. Tires quickly.
Facey - Same old lazy performance. Did nothing and missed a great chance at the end.
Greenacre - Tried hard but had no support and limited chances.

M

Matthew The Rover

I feel so sorry for Wilson. Away go-ers will know he had a fantastic game at Layer Road on Monday and was brilliant at Rotherham yet gets dropped. Disgrace. Little hasn't got a clue.

Davies played in midfield again for no reason (even before we went down to 10 men), and at 2-0 down he was replaced by a defender! Great tictacs Brian!

Sharps my MOTM for being pretty solid but I also thought Greenacre and Jennings had reasonably good games. Otherwise, everybody was crap.

Right in the **** of it now though. Haven't scored since Zola has not played and to make it worse, McAteer, Zola, Aiston, O'Leary and Achterberg are all out for the remainder of the season.

THE WHITES ARE GOING DOWN BRIAN LITTLE, CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Some interesting comments indeed there.

First of all, can I say that we were dreadful, not enough passion and desire and quality from the players, who deserve their fair share of criticism. Little, yet again, stood there watching as if nothing had happened.

My ratings:
Murray - pathetic, can't keep hold of the ball and his kicking as bad as all our goalkeepers! Why oh why did we sign him onloan??? Even Wilson would be better.

Raven - He's just not that good, simple as that. Kept things simple as Ian said, cos he can'tdo much else. May be a Rovers fan but not good enough to be a rovers player, let alone Liverpool!!!

Roberts - Disagree, he does care i'm sure. But just hasn't been very good all season and again was disappointing.

Sharps - Not great, his distribution seems to get worse.

Goodison - Marking for both goals was, well, shambolic. Between him and Sharps they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

McAteer - The only midfield player who can pass a ball, so made a great decision to "get himself" sent off with a stupid challenge in their half. Will be missed, but he's an idiot.

Harrison - Scared of the ball like someone said. Wins a few headers in midfield but far too lightweight and his distribution is like Sharpy's.

Jennings - Had a great chance to shoot, so decided to faff about and get tackled. I don't rate him at all and nothing he did today says to me he deserves this new contract.

Davies - Tried hard, but it's a bit early for him in the first team imo. But needs must, and we need 11 players, hence he plays. Feel sorry for the lad really.

Facey - overweight. For a target to spend most of his time outside the box when we were attacking was a waste of time, but he looked knackered the whole game.

Greenacre - if he had a chance he would be a dangerous player for us. As we don't create nothing for him, hard to rate him properly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Taken from the official site:

The Manager rejected calls for him to leave his position voiced by fans at the end of the game.
He added: "I understand the frustrations at the end where people were calling for me to leave. I can't leave at this time, that would be ludicrous. The players need me at this moment in time. I genuinely, honestly and truthfully can't walk away from the players. There's no sense in that, it's not a logical solution."

Makes perfect bloody sense to me! :roll:

B

bwilliams

My ratings for todays game:

Murray - rubbish, couldn't hold onto the ball, bring back wilson

Raven - Played OK and did his job, but nothing brilliant

Roberts - I feel he does care about the club, but didn't have a good game today

Sharps - I felt he played OK today.

Goodison - Shambles

McAteer - poor leader by getting himself sent-off, shame because he can be a good player on his day.

Harrison - Horse Poo

Jennings - Did OK aswell but passed instead of shooting

Davies - Gave a good effort but did get tired easily

Facey - Missed a cracking 1 on 1 with the keeper at the end and didn't do much else I can remember

Greenacre - I feel really sorry for this lad, He deserves something to feed off, In a nutshell he deserves to play for a better club

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
We were bloody awful. And not just when we were 0-2 down and the manager can't see that we're going to lose anyway, so why the hell not take off a defender to strengthen the midfield or attack? Go for a goal, you get the fans behind you and the team can get some self-belief. The worst that can happen is that you concede some more and it's still a lose, no difference there really, so why not GO FOR IT?

The first goal was the fault of both centre backs and gareth, but mostly Goodison for letting the long hoof upfield from them bounce. One of the things that's drummed into centre backs even at youth level is 'Don't let it bounce!' and he failed to follow even that simple rule... and then having let the ball go by him failed to track back and help deal with the situation. The second goal neither Sharps nor Goodison picked up a man and whichever Bristol player it had gone to would have had all the time in the world to put it away.

Yes our keeper was rubbish, but it was his debut and he had too very poorly performing centre backs in front of him.

Midfield, well Facey was our best midfielder I suppose. He definitely wasn't playing upfront, and as a result Greenacre had two hefty centre halves all over him all match. Disgraceful.

Davies still shows promise, just needs to get stronger and more determined really. Roberts besides their first goal did well I thought, so I think I have to disagree with the comment that he didn't seem interested. He was the only player breaking out and making chances for us at all in the second half, ran up and down pretty much endlessly and even found a second wind when Tremarco came on and provided someone for him to link with. He'll be going in the summer, as we're complete garbage and don't deserve him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think we've mentioned the free-kick yet from Davies which cracked the crossbar and sadly went out for a goal-kick. That was unlucky. One of Davies' positive attributes is that he's got quite a shot on him. It's just a shame he doesn't get more chances to use it.

I completely agree with the JUST GO FOR IT attitude as well. It's exactly one of the reasons we are in such a mess. You have nothing to lose if you are losing anyway.

Did anyone think City were a good team or was it just that we are a bad one?

B

bwilliams

they were about average for this division, nothing special though

I just thought we were SH!T

evo_trfc

i have been faithful to little all year round due to thte fact he had his 2 best players from last year sold from under neath him... however the **** he has brought in is unnaceptable, You dont replace Play Off contending league 1 players with unadequate mediocre league 2 players, i said at the begiining of the season we were mid-table mediorcracy if that due to the fact we brought in Any one who could replace taylor we played brilliant last year but this year is a joke. im giving little over the summer to sign In good standard of players or i will personally go to tranmere and hand in a letter with Little Out on it because he has been a tw*t this year.

We all know what little can do when he gets it right but he best sort it out next season and the next 2 games because i dont want to be going to Accrington Staley away next season!

Off subject wheres Mark Rankine atm?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
evo_trfc said:
Off subject wheres Mark Rankine atm?
Another one unavailable for very good reasons. He's left the club.

I've just been watching the highlights on Tranmere World and McAteer's sending off seems very harsh. If it's for colliding with the player who was getting off the floor, then no wonder Tranmere are going to appeal. It looks like he just brushed past him. His arms are in the air but I can't see any elbows or anything that looks malicious. #-o

DixieDean

Ian said:
It looks like he just brushed past him. His arms are in the air but I can't see any elbows or anything that looks malicious. #-o

if the ref watches the video he will definately drop the red card as McAteer did not make contact with the elbow. He was just jumping past the guy and had his arm out on front of him. No intention to elbow him at all. Awful decision by the linesman!

And a big thanks to Rankine for retiring when we need him most. So what if he can't recover between games. We only need him to play at MK Dons if McAteer is missing. Talk about bad timing...