• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-1 Darlington.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Tranmere were f*ckin terrible by the sounds of it. Missed out on a trip to Wembley or Millenium stadium. I suppose its better going out now then going out in the Northen Section Final as the only benefit we get from the cup would be if we made the final itself. Another awful referee too by what my cousin and even Derek Jones hinted at. Sometimes you wonder... On Saturday the linesman made a complaint about abuse he was getting from fans in JK Stand (Yes including me, although I would stress it wasn't anything really awful). Now will referee's who come here be biased towards the opposing team now? I know it sounds stupid but I wouldn't be surprised if refs and linesmen make each other aware of where they have had abuse and then favour teams against them. Having said all that the point is that we were simply not good enough and if we play like that on Friday will get beat comfortably.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think they got complacent. Thank god I didnt waste £7 on that shambles.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The guys and girls doing the goalflashes on BBC Merseyside and Radio City seemed to say that they thought the penalty was extremely dubious and that the referee was awful. I wonder what Ronnie will make of it all, in fact I'm itching to know what he has to say about it.

I know what I make of it, it's all Goodison's fault!!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Our current inability to convert chances into goals cost us the match!!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Didn't go, but sounds like an awful game. 9 yellow cards, a dodgy pen and yet again we draw a blank in front of goal. We're best out of this competition. We had the biggest gate of the night (in the JPT), 5 more than at the City Ground! Is there really a place in the calendar for this competition. It's just more games, and most of them are treated as meaningless. We've picked up yet more injuries and am sure the club have probably not made much money (if at all) out of holding this game.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
can't bloody believe it. we should have won this game comfortably and instead we get made to look like a bunch of school kids playin chavski. we just could'nt get near the ball. correction, we could have if both of the following happened 1) we actually tried to get the ball instead of prancing around and 2) if the referee had opened his eyes and the linesmen did there job. it was pathetic the w###### booking so many players. goodison was v. bad when he came on, looked lazy and gave the ball away too much but it was never a penalty. the only players who i think should come out of this game with any praise are tremarco and davies.
there, got it off my chest. phew

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
there, got it off my chest. phew
nothing wrong with that mate, that's why the forum is here! :-D

ok, the ref may have been card happy, but it was a poor performance. so, just the FA cup left now :roll: