• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The UK Energy Crisis

drwhoman

The current energy crisis in UK, quite apart from the appalling mini-budget just announced, has resulted in Mansfield, who I thought one of the better financed clubs, wanting to bring game times forward to 1pm to reduce the use of floodlights in the winter. what a state of affairs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Interestingly enough, in the Q and A tonight Palios said we are not considering bringing kick off times forward. The savings on the electricity bill would not be substantial enough to justify antagonising regular supporters.

And yes, the mini budget is so appalling I can scarcely believe it is real.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
A number of clubs in the lower leagues in Scotland have been pushing for this for a while. I guess electricity costs impact more when you're only getting 1000 or so through the gate and keeping the lights off could make a real difference. Sad really

The current energy crisis in UK, quite apart from the appalling mini-budget just announced, has resulted in Mansfield, who I thought one of the better financed clubs, wanting to bring game times forward to 1pm to reduce the use of floodlights in the winter. what a state of affairs.
I believe Mansfield are getting quite a bit of stick from fans about the 1pm kick off experiment. And, just four weeks ago, they moved next Saturday’s home game v Hartlepool to the Friday night under the lights!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Difficult to believe that the way to solve our huge debt crisis is to create even more debt.

This reminds me of the gun lobby in the USA. Whenever there is a mass shooting, they suggest what is needed is more guns.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They just need to invest in a new kettle. Pretty simple really.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
If I remember correctly, the club had queries, why the floodlights were on, when nothing was happening to have them on.
It had something to do with the contract they have with the electricity supplier. The club have to use so much, or the cost to the club will rise, due to the discount they receive from the supplier.

Player
Manager
And the Tories are cashing in, while they can.
Absolute disgrace!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
If I remember correctly, the club had queries, why the floodlights were on, when nothing was happening to have them on.
It had something to do with the contract they have with the electricity supplier. The club have to use so much, or the cost to the club will rise, due to the discount they receive from the supplier.
Doesn't this just sum up a lot of what's wrong with the UK energy sector?

So much for green credentials when it's in the supplier's and consumer's interest to use energy they don't need to. Absolute shambles.

Player
Manager
Doesn't this just sum up a lot of what's wrong with the UK energy sector?

So much for green credentials when it's in the supplier's and consumer's interest to use energy they don't need to. Absolute shambles.
It's the same with everyone, the most expensive is the pre pay meters. And the cheapest is the multi contracts.
The country is so arse about face.