• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The situation with Leake is just odd, been out injured since last year so why he didn't go back to Hull doesn't make sense.
I think Wood will stay, though wudnt be surprised if 2 or 3 players under contract leave as well.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
not seen enough of Leake really. Remember that horror showing of his. Think it was Salford at home? I’m hoping wood will stay

ADD

Player
Norwood
From the other site ITK. "Robson/Pike/Starbuck/Hughes/Jolley all told they've been let go already". Expectation Yarney and the young CB's will follow.

If we want 3 keepers as Adkins stated then slightly surprised at Robson as suggests we are going to have to pay decent money for a back up (unless there is another Academy kid)?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
ADD, there’s Alex Brown who’s an academy keeper and went to play in Jersey for a bit. No idea if he’s any good or still around next year.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
ADD, there’s Alex Brown who’s an academy keeper and went to play in Jersey for a bit. No idea if he’s any good or still around next year.
There's another I completely forgot about. Found this but nothing on him, from last May?

We are delighted to announce that one of our goalkeepers, Pierce Roche, has been provided the opportunity to train with the Tranmere Rovers First Team this week.​

splitter

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There's another I completely forgot about. Found this but nothing on him, from last May?

We are delighted to announce that one of our goalkeepers, Pierce Roche, has been provided the opportunity to train with the Tranmere Rovers First Team this week.​

splitter
We never announced the signing of Louis Lacey a young full back who spent the season on loan in Wales.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good news about Wood. A one year deal shouldn’t cost us much but he was decent on his day and gives some continuity at the back alongside Turnbull and Davies and hopefully LOC

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A pleasant surprise that O'Connor has signed, it says for him and Wood signed till at least June 2025 so maybe there's an option of an extension

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Lee O’Connor, one-year deal. I wasn’t expecting that. Very pleased as that’s our back four retained, although I’d hope we might get a better left back.
Quite most surprised. Odd he didn't demand longer as his value probably won't rise now. Must be plenty of Div 1 who would be improved by him. Turnbull remains an odd one other than that a decent defence is secure

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Didn't account for LOC staying, if JT stays and Dennis does; the equation of re-signing gets very low. Be amazed if we just let Norris walk, he may not sign so readily. I'd guess all others would sign given the option unless we go down the low development wage route.
I'll punt McAlear and Bele, the rest off bar maybe the very junior

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Glad for LOC.
Wood is a squad place. I would be thinking that we could do with a better left back.
Especially if we want better quality in the back four.
Also another quality CB would be a priority as well.

Another quality CM and a sriker, that has twenty goals in him.

Of course, the question is, Have we got the pull, to get sufficient quality in?

BTW on YouTube tonight at 7.30, A Trip To The Moon, has a season review.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From the other site ITK. "Robson/Pike/Starbuck/Hughes/Jolley all told they've been let go already". Expectation Yarney and the young CB's will follow.

If we want 3 keepers as Adkins stated then slightly surprised at Robson as suggests we are going to have to pay decent money for a back up (unless there is another Academy kid)?
Also just posted that club took up option on Merrie with Lewis, Yarney and McAlear released