• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindle v Rovers (postponed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
After 3 home defeats on the trot, a trip to the County Ground is just what's needed to restore confidence...NOT

Sounds like excepting long-term absentee Mahon, Darville(no great loss) and the doubtful ITM, Les has a full squad to pick from. That raises some interesting selection issues

Defence. Assuming the hapless Nielsen will stay as keeper. Zoum/Cresswell at left back? Goodi with Grandison or Broomes? Wooton Blanchard or Broomes at right-back?

Midfield. I'd guess it would be Joss, Ash and Welsh, but Max and our West Brom loanees may come into the equation.

Up front unless ITM is fit, similar line up to Udders.

Swindle have their captain Douglas banned, but otherwise full strength. I'm a bit surprised they're so low down the table, it sometimes happens after a play-off failiure.

On paper, given past history, we should lose this one. Just hoping that the players coming back can fire us up to earn an unlikely point.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Les may go 4-3-3 with Joss, Welsh and Ash in the middle to try and grind a result out.

With Orient winning at Prenton Park last week for the first time in 23 years, maybe we will overturn the form book on Saturday. The return of Labadie and Broomes certainly gives us some cause for optimism.

Key will be keeping Charlie Austin quiet, who has averaged about one goal per game so far this season.

I think Les may go 4-3-3 with Joss, Welsh and Ash in the middle to try and grind a result out.

I personally think this will be Les' preferred midfield option from now on. Ash deep, Welsh in the mid and Joss driving forward. Mahon will be a nice luxury to have on the bench in the New Year. The "new" Broomes alongside Goodi and if we bring Gulacsi back we could yet survive another season in League One!!:whistle:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Long-term, we have Taylor, Broomes, Blanchard. Center-half, right-back, center mid spots up for grabs.

I think Les would ideally play Ash and Broomes in defence, based on his team selection last season. In any case, I'd rather see Taylor at the back. He's not realky good enough on the ball to play in the middle, but is a very good center-half at this level, especially for his age.

As for next week, Wooton and Grandison will almost certainly start assuming the nature of their loans deals would mean that it would cost us money to do otherwise. This will likely freeze out Broomes, leaving Taylor and Blanchard to fight it out over the remaining position in midfield. Probably depends how fit Ash feels.

Gonna be a tough game but at least we have Joss back. Huge boost.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Cant see us getting anything out of this one to be honest, selection wise I would go for:

--------------Collister----------------

Broomes--Goodison-Taylor--Bakayogo

---Ladabie---Welsh----Blanchard

--ITM-------Enoch------Jennings-

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We might grind out a result here. We play much better football with Labadie in the squad and Les will keep it tight. Well, whatever happens, don't forget there's always the power switch for the floodlights!

evo_trfc

Wouldnt bother travelling guys we've had 6 inches of snow! Mircale if games on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
damn snow

Status
Not open for further replies.