• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindle 3 Rovers 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Glad I didn't go, it sounds like a woeful performance. An og from our on loan left-back, a penalty after a stamp from Gornell, who got sent-off as a consequence and a third from a player plucked from non-league. When did we last have a decent one of those??

While I expected us to lose, had expected a bit more fight after the Norwich game. The results elsewhere didn't go our way either. While Orient lost, Pools won, Exeter got a decent away point and I'd hoped Gillingham and Southend would have shared the points. It makes the trip to the Bescott a mustn't lose game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Back into the bottom four we go.. Poor performance really. The game was over as soon as Gornell was sent off, possibly even sooner. Maybe the players are starting to feel the pressure.

I don't remember the lads having even a decent chance on goal. Gordon isn't up to the job IMO. Get Zoum back ASAP. I've a feeling Les is teaching him a lesson for getting sent off, just play the best team Les! There ain't many games to go..

I've a feeling we still wouldn't have troubled Swindon much with eleven men though, sad as it may seem, it was a far cry from Fri night.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It's amazing the highs and lows. We beat the top of the league, are all buzzing, then brought back down to earth with a great thud with this 3-0 defeat. The worrying thing is the abysmal goal diff, we are level on points with Orient who are in worse form than ourselves but we'll need to finish at least a point above whoever occupies 21st position come May 8th.

I still believe we can do it, but there's no place for any mistakes now. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, whatever works for you. We're gonna need a lorra lorra luck chuck!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
In fairness, you would have taken 3 points from these 2 games a week ago. Just hope yesterdays poor performance hasn't killed any momentum we (should have) picked up beating Norwich, though there was no evidence of it yesterday.

Bit disappointed to see Edds come in rather than Labadia, who has looked good coming on from the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Most of us were expecting a defeat here to be honest. However there were two big downers.

Firstly after Norwich, was expecting more fight from the lads, maybe a battling 2-1, not abject surrender. I suppose we should be grateful that Edds played, since he mustered our only serious effort all game.

Secondly, excepting Orient, who have plunged into the mire, the teams around us all managed to pick up points. Hartlepool with a full 6 and Exeter with four did better than expected. At least Oldham lost tonight.

Oh well, taking SCoops advice, I'm off to sacrifice a few goats8-[

Player
Johnny Morrissey
:roll: goats? Well, if it works mate ...

It's all well and good Les saying we need to win the games on the teams around us, but we need to really roll our sleeves up and try and pick up unexpected points on the road as well. Even if it's a scrappy 0-0 where the players put their bodies on the line for the cause. Every point counts now.

I hated the 'nobody expected us to get anything from Norwich or Swindon' statement, before the trip to County Ground. If you expect 0 and get 3 you might be happy, but really we need to get as many points as we can no matter if it's against top teams, bottom teams or the in between teams. I think it put us in the wrong mindframe personally. Just my POV though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There really has to be more fight and spirit in these away games. Fri night's game was great because the team were putting there bodies on the line, chasing every ball and looking up for it.

Why can this not happen away from home? From the moment Gordon scored the OG, it was always an uphill struggle. Yes, we had 10 men for 60 mins, but we managed 1 shot on goal. I know we are pretty bad, but are we that bad?

I just watched the highlights on Tranmere Player. They cut us open a few times and it looked like we gave them far too much time and space on the ball.

Can you see us getting anything from our remaining away games? I think we'll get one draw out of these, the rest defeats..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If we need to win at Stockport then we will...

Player
Liam Palmer
I can see us needing to win at Stockport to stay up. Craig Curran gives us an early lead which we hold until the 88th minute when Gareth Edds gets sent off and Stockport score from the resultant free-kick. Nah, that could NEVER happen!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If you look at our remaining fixtures, unless we beat both Wycombe and Exeter it is difficult to see how we could secure safety before Stockport.