• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stockport 0-1 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Stockport missed a penalty and McCready scored our goal with a header from a free kick. Bring on the new season! :-D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We scored from a set piece! Things are looking up! Only a week to go now..

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I went the game today McCready took his chance well and he also had a goal disallowed. Not the teams best performance but once we gel a bit more, alot can come from this new team. HERES TO THE NEW SEASON!! COME ON ROVERS!!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Was looking forward to the game given all your reports on the previous fixtures, the flowing attacking football, and well we turned up, it rained and Rovers were as Ronnie has admitted, awful! Thanks to Stockport for providing us with free ponchos to avoid getting wet, very attractive they were! :cool:

Ward looked half decent in goal, luvvly boots he has :wink:

Stockdale, not too impressed, a couple of good tackles but his distribution looks quite poor for someone who has played in the top flight.

Sherriff was another not to impress, for a captain he was silent! Looked dodgy dealing wth balls over the top and again his passing was poor.

McCready looks a decent addition, strong in the air as he showed for his towering headed goal (and the 1 disallowed too).

Goodison, man of the match for me, won everything, hardly put a foot wrong, a different player to the one last season.

Shuker, a couple of promising runs first half and one in the second, but pretty quiet game.

Ellison was awful tbh. A couple of good set plays but his wing play was dreadful, wasted the ball numerous times.

McLaren, hmmmm, can't make my mind up, no-nonsense player who kept the ball ok, quiet game too from him though as well.

Mullin was awful too imo, a couple of dreadful fouls which in competitive games would get cautions for sure.

Greenacre did loads of running and looked dangerous, but didn't really have a decent chance provided for him.

Taylor, well, is he Zola in disguise? Poor first touch, missed two sitters close range headers.

Not a memorable game at all, a poor performance but a win. Lets hope they were all saving themselves for the real action next week, bring on the Oldham, lets have 'em! Only 6 days to go...:-D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the report Scoops! It's disappointing for those that witnessed the Coventry game and then had to sit through the Stockport one as it seems like they were two totally different performances.

But... they are only friendlies. They'll soon be forgotten about and the real action starts next Saturday. Players who haven't impressed as much I'm sure will be biting at the heel next Saturday and it's good to see Goodison having another excellent game. I hope he keeps his form up, very impressive stuff from him.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
A pic from the game, imageshack wasn't letting me upload the others, will try again tomorrow:

Players warm-up before kickoff.