• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Steve Davies To Leeds

• Thread starter The Golden Aldo Era
  • Start date
T

The Golden Aldo Era

Just been informed that Steve Davies has signed for Leeds at the end of the season when his contract with us expires. Well done Tranmere Rovers, another star talent that we try and keep hold of for peanuts, the board have excelled themselves again. Apparantly they didn't give permission and we're going to a tribuneral for a fee... watch this space, but very dissappointed the club didn't make an effort to keep, and if they did, then Steve Davies has disgraced himself.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
Saw him in the stands today. Would have thought that if he had agreed a deal then he would'nt have shown up. But then again maybe its just me not wanting this to be true. He spent the last few minutes of the match in the dug-out, maybe he was saying his goodbyes. Hope not though.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It would be disappointing after Tranmere helping him to comeback from his injury... I heard he was in talks with us. I can't see him going but maybe he will. He will go down in the Shaun Thornton category if he leaves us now. Unless he wants to sign a new contract first of course like Koumas did.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm saying nothing until I've heard officially. We don't really know what's going on do we?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be honest I read an interview on ic liverpool site the other day and he suggested that he was looking forward to next season with Rovers! I know you can't always believe what they say but I wouldn't expect him to be sitting on our bench in his suit if he was leaving! Ronnie wouldn't have that. Surely if he was saying his goodbyes he'd do that after the match. Who told you this Golden Era Aldo?

T

The Golden Aldo Era

I can't reveal my source for obvious reasons, but i can tell you that pre Yeovil there was much discussion between the board about Davies' agent refusing the negotiate with the club with regards to a new contract and he has spoken to Leeds and signed for them starting the day his contract runs out with us, and we are going to a tribuneral to arrange a fee. With regards to him sitting in the dug-out i would take nothing from that, he is still under contract until the end of May, hence why he hasn't left and because he's injured no-one will actually attempt to buy him. Read between the lines, this is i hate to tell you is no rumour.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Hmm. Odd that a club would sign a deal with a player still out with a cruciate ligament injury. Mind you, it is the same club that famously spent ?15,000 a week on fish tank, and ?7million on Seth Johnson.

There was talk of him heading there just before he got injured. We'll have to wait and see what's announced over the next few days...

Player
Goodison
If he's going you might as well tell Les Parry and co to leave it to Davies to sort himself out. He drifts around between the dugout and the stand so I wouldn't read much into that.

On the subject of contracts - when does Jennings contracts expire? If its this season it should be extended as soon as possible along with Mclaren's.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
With Wise leaving Leeds, this may change things with regards to Davies. When there was speculation it sounded as though it was Wise that was really pushing for it. With him leaving to move to Newcastle, will this change any plans that may have been put forward?