• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Spireites 1-0 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another god-damn defeat. Seemed 50-50 for most of the game which didn't sound too riveting.

Worryingly, we are now just 1 point away from the drop zone, 5 away from bottom placed Wycombe. Is there any hope?

I'm waiting for the reports to come though from those that went, but I'm betting it was the same old story.

Division two is staring us in the face. #-o

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Utterly embarrassing to get beat by Chesterfield

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
sounded like a poor game judging by the reports, things are just going from bad to worse.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds terrible. While I'm grateful we're not in as bad a financial position as Portsmouth or Port Vale, there is nothing on the field to be positive about atm:cry:

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Just got back, feel sick with a disgusting performance

If their strikers weren't so useless it would have been more than 1-0

Parryout

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Very disappointing performance given the importance of the game.

This was basically a repeat of Oldham last week, except we played some marginally better football due to Robinson's presence. Chesterfield looked much the more dangerous side throughout, without actually being any good, and deserved to win. We had two shots: one from Welsh in the first half after good footwork on the edge of the box, another from Robinson in the second which the keeper saved although it was going wide.

We had a fair amount of possession throughout the game, but basically created nothing: Brunt was ridiculously isolated again, and our whole approach of 'let's hold them and then try and nick something....Whoops, we conceded in the 80th minute', was completely wrong in a game of such significance.

The supposed revolt of the SWA never happened, with most supporters just looking on dejectedly, resigned to our fate.

If Johnson doesn't see today's events as reason for removing Parry, we are buggered.

darrens8761

darrens8761
Player
ITM
enough is enough now. we have taken some 'good points' against some top sides of late but we have lost against all the teams around us. we have been 17th for ages but now the gap has closed and we are heading into the mire.

3 home games in a row, these could potentially shape the rest of our season.

i feel parry has done a decent job given what he inherited but i feel his time is up. same old every week, so negative in our play against lesser teams. parry has had a fair amount of support from fans. prob cos he is a tranmere legend and people are blinded by that. if he had no connection he would have been bombed out ages ago.

it is sad that things have turned out like this because i like les, decent bloke and all that but maybe not for management.

some managers who would prob take our job on,

brian laws
paul ince
martin allen
john barnes (joke)
ronnie moore

but as it stands les is our manager and we have to try and support him and the team. last thing we want is to be back in division 4

Player
steve coppell
I've always liked Ince as a manager - he did well at the despised Franchise before reaching too high too early. Met him a couple of seasons before he retired as a player after his club had lost to a lesser team in the cup. He was very professional, still with a bit of an England-player aura around him. He's never managed at the end of a season to keep a club up before, I know, but cold be the man for this job...

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
For those who went, do the players look like they give a ****, or are they simply going through the motions?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've always liked Ince as a manager - he did well at the despised Franchise before reaching too high too early. Met him a couple of seasons before he retired as a player after his club had lost to a lesser team in the cup. He was very professional, still with a bit of an England-player aura around him. He's never managed at the end of a season to keep a club up before, I know, but cold be the man for this job...

Doubt that he'd come and not sure I'd want him here. However, weren't Macclesfield in danger of being relegated to the Conference when he took over?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ince did rescue Macclesfield from a horrendous position, and has always been pretty effective in tandem with Ray Mathias. However, I am told there is a bit of history between him and Rovers regarding Thomas Ince's time in our youth system, and he is probably unlikely to want the job.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the candidates being touted: Ince, Allen (I know he is a wally but he does have a decent CV) and David Kelly.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
For those who went, do the players look like they give a ****, or are they simply going through the motions?

On Saturday they looked like they werent arsed for the most part.

Robinson/Holmes/Fon put in a decent shift as usual but McGurk/Weir/Welsh were as noticeably absent as always.

As someone said it was basically a repeat of Oldham the week before.

Perhaps the new manager will sort out the complacent attitude that some of our players have.