• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff

Milly0612

Wot a player! Watched him throughout pre-season and thought he was outstanding and reassured me today. Simmo is playing him just infront of the back four and he ran the show today, opened the scoring with a 30 yarder and didnt put a foot wrong! Hes looks like one of these players who has 10 yards of space around him wherever he is on the pitch.

Where did he play for you guys?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi. Sherriff played mostly on the left for us. Can play at left back or on the wing. Preferred position I think is in defence.

I think the problem with Sherriff is that his form dips in and out. I thought towards the end of last season, he was drifting in and out of games, although I don't think he was happy playing out wide.

Very good result for Shrewsbury today.
Interesting to see Sherriff playing a central midfield role, he certainly seemed to do well! I hope he does well for you this season. Keep us updated on his progress.

Player
Goodison
The problem with Sherriff was he didn't seem to have a position! He wasnt a centre back or a left back and he wasn't a left winger. I can see how he could flourish in a holding role as he is quite good in the tackle and isn't too bad at passing the ball. I thought that defensive midfield might have suited him when he played for us, but then when he played there once he looked completely lost! :-k

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Shane and Paul McLaren, two players who turned down deals to stay at Rovers, both ended up at clubs who still have 100% records. Maybe that's why Jennings hasn't signed up! Bury have had a decent start with Mike Jones a regular & Accrington won yesterday with J Mullin in their starting line-up.