• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shakers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well its our last chance of silverware this season !!

Bury away never easy. I remember several years ago going to Gigg Lane on a wet and cold Tuesday night (I think it was the 1/4 finals of the JPT too). Up front we had Gary Jones & Andy Robbo and we lost, 0-2 I think.

They have decent players at this level and it'll be a big game for them. The likes of MIke Jones (ex rovers), Ryan Lowe (who we should have signed from Chester a long time ago), and some lad on loan from United, Ajose or something have all been scoring.

Can't see Les making any other than enforced changes apart from in goal although arguably after conceding 5 some changes should be made.

Maybe we'll sneak it on pens !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I can see this going to pens actually. It's going to be a cold, wet windy night, and I think the game is going to be a scrappy affair.

0-0 and, well, anything could happen with the pens.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Going to the game tomorrow with a Shaker friend (will be sat with him so +1 to the away support). He reckons Bury are talking about putting the kids out, especially after their win against the Grecians on Saturday. Hopefully we will put out a full strength team - especially since we've got a fairly hefty wager on the game!

Bit concerned about the weather, though, rain all day today and more forecast tomorrow. There must be a possibility of a postponement.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
A home game for me! Hoping for a good result, especially after the shambles there last season in Barnes' last game in charge. The weather that night was atrocious as well. Come on Rovers, too many Bury fans can wind me up (again) if we lose!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is an important game for us, progress in this competition could keep our spirits up as a diversion from the battles down the bottom. However we also have a crucial game against Plymouth at the weekend. One or two of our players don't seem at peak fitness, there is mention of a bug doing the rounds and I'd feel happier if Les did do a little resting/rotating. We should still have a team capable of winning there, although whether they deliver is another matter.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
sparky andy robbo never played in the first team when he was with us originally.

Im going for a 2 1 win to us.

M

Mal

Not sure about this. Bury are 3rd in Div2 but they have 16 points away from 7 games, and only 12 at home from 8. Suggests we could at least draw. Depends on the first 7 minutes , I guess.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Andy Robbo did play 45 minutes v Bury in his first spell with the club in 2002 in the Trophy on a freezing wet night, very much like tomorrow is bound to be! He came on as a second half sub.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A defeat would mean our third on the trot and straight after those three wins. I don't think Les can risk that, so he should be playing his "best" side, assuming he knows it.

A win would put us in a good mood for Saturday. We already have a very long season ahead and a defeat will make it seem even longer.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
First away game of the season for moi...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Grandison in for Goodison so an untried defensive partnership alongside Broomes but Peter back in the sticks.

Come on the rovers !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Looks like we're going 442, both Zoum and Cresswell playing, Akins on the right ITM and Enoch up front.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
a good result nice to see us still in one cup gives us something to look forward to, with carlisle huddersfiled & probably sheff wed joining us we really could do with a home tie next.

a decent turn out of 563 from the swa

Status
Not open for further replies.