• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shakers 2 Rovers 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well, we had to lose sometime and you could almost predict our first defeat under Ronnie would come against a team that hadn't won in 13 games.

We were very poor today, played with no spark or urgency and Bury deserved their victory. We did not win enough second balls, and the whole tempo of our play was akin to a pre-season game.

With hindsight, it was probably a mistake to start with the two youngsters up front, although the service to them was so poor that Enoch's presence may not have made much difference. We were very lucky to be level at half time, with Bury showing their lack of confidence in front of goal by missing a couple of sitters. Our second half performance was a marginal improvement on the first, but we can have no complaint about the result.

Robinson had an off day, and our defending on the first goal in particular was woeful, although I don't think the back four did particularly badly overall. Strangely, after the second goal went in we actually decided to string a couple of moves together and played ok for the final ten minutes.

Hopefully today was just a one-off, as the attitude we showed today could result in us limping over the line in 20th place if repeated in the remaining games of the season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I missed this, but sounds like a good turnout from the SWA. Hopefully just an off-day, but there is no room for complacency, just 7 points clear of the drop-zone and with two difficult games against play-off contenders coming up over Easter.

Gather Labadie didn't impress today and Rovers only started to have an impact when 2 down and Weir and Enoch introduced to the fray.

Player
Manager
John King
Gather Labadie didn't impress today and Rovers only started to have an impact when 2 down and Weir and Enoch introduced to the fray.

I didn't think Labadie was any worse than a number of other players to be honest, but we definitely missed Wallace's presence in midfield, as he has different attributes to Joss.

Weir did ok when he came on and had our best chance of the match, so the team selection on Friday will be interesting.

1,200 Rovers fans there today.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can't win them all and it was an off day today. However, we have good management now to make sure this wont be repeated often. Disappointing, but we have to put this to bed and move on to the next game.

DIW

Player
Goodison
This was disappointing really as Bury are a poor side. For me over-confidence was a factor in this one. Support from the SWA was loud but the stupid songs about Ronnie's sexual prowess before and during the game, as well as the numerous beach balls flying around gave the start of the match a bit of a carnival atmosphere - it was celebratory as if the game was already in the bag and all we needed to do was turn up.

When we got a chorus of Ronnie's unbeatable I felt it was asking for trouble. Whether the over confidence was felt by the players I don't know but I suspect it might have been.

As it was, as others have said the performance was poor and we only started giving it a proper go at 2 nil down. No-one played well (although Fonners was pretty blameless) and Labadie well and truly blew his chance.

Back to earth and a good wake up call. As Ian (I think) said we now have the management who will react to this appropriately. I would imagine Ronnie gave the side a good bollocking after that.

We still need to fight for this.

Player
Manager
John King
This was disappointing really as Bury are a poor side. For me over-confidence was a factor in this one. Support from the SWA was loud but the stupid songs about Ronnie's sexual prowess before and during the game, as well as the numerous beach balls flying around gave the start of the match a bit of a carnival atmosphere - it was celebratory as if the game was already in the bag and all we needed to do was turn up.

I was as non-plussed as you by some of the chants today, and certainly don't think they had any positive effect in galvanising the team. Not great support.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Game was crap and the player didnt turn up

Caterers ran out of hot food before half time was even over

The only plus point was the trust coach ride was good, the singing in Ramsbottom hillarious and the pints in the Swan & Cemetery were cheap.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Support from the SWA was loud but the stupid songs about Ronnie's sexual prowess before and during the game, as well as the numerous beach balls flying around gave the start of the match a bit of a carnival atmosphere - it was celebratory as if the game was already in the bag and all we needed to do was turn up.

I noticed the continued chant... ronnie moor something or other... from the kop,,,,continuously seem to num the atmosphere against Exceter as well...!

Please kopites give it a break will ya or ...i am not a chant interlecktual but a bit of variation would be good...?

...then again .... not much to chant about this season to be fair....!

:idea:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ronnie out, init.