• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scunthorpe (JPT)

Your prediction against Scunthorpe

• Win

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK guys, well it hasn't been a wonderful week has it? But this is probably make or break for the season.

The only cup we have a chance of winning and an eventual trip to Wembley the prize..

So what XI is Ronnie going to start with?
Answers on a postcard..

But before you get your pens out, some teams news:

Craig Curran and Danny Holmes are still unavailable and although Chris Greenacre has recovered from his back problem, it may be a little to early to chuck him into the fray.

Small news article ahead of the game tonight -> http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10794~1489516,00.html

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Cheers for the link, good find.

Just read on SSN that Chris won't be starting. Expect 4-5-1. Although we outplayed them at our place the other day (2-0) we did so on our patch in a 4-4-2, and I expect much more from Scunny tonight - they're a very capable side at this level, moreso than ourselves. Can sympathise with Ronnie not wanting to leave ourselves too open against such a strong side but I'd really like to see us go 4-4-2. If we lose 3-1 then so be it, I'd just like to see us shape up in a way which suggests we're intent on winning the game. Were Greenacre fit, Ronnie might have just persuaded himself to go 4-4-2 - as he isn't, Bas might be in for another lonely night. The option to play Shuker wide right and Moore up top with Savage remains viable, though.

I'd love us to win but logically, with us in such poor away form, and Scunny a few places above us in the league, they'll certainly be favourites, and I won't be too disheartened if we lose as long as we play OK and have a go. Would really like a trip to Wembly though :-D

:cold:

Player
Goodison
My guessed line up:

Coyne

Johnson Chorley Goodison Taylor

Shuker Kay Wilson Jennings Moore

Savage

Predicted result: I dont predict against Tranmere so... penalty shootout:-({|=

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think RTID's predicted line-up is about right. I'd prefer something more adventurous. Scunny haven't come out all guns blazing in previous rounds, but I fear they may be too strong for us tonight.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Greenacre story proved to be a red herring. Good on Ronnie going with a 4-4-2. Just tuned in to Tranny World with...oh ****, they just scored.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
and so have we.... come on whites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.