• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sack the Board

After the debacle of my last post I feel I must try to make amends. I have decided to contribute more often to the forum and try, when possible to spark some heated debate that might change our club for the better!!!

Hence the title of this thread.... Sack the Board!! Feel free to pick apart any or all of the below points :)

• Why try to con the good people of the Wirral with the "£125 season ticket" offer. There were tribesman in the Amazon untouched by civilisation who had placed a bet we wouldn't hit the target, "More nailed on than Jesus" was a quote outside the Rio branch of Billy Hills.

• Why are we still waiting for our beloved clubs new anniversary kit??? Surely the sports boffins at VandenHell have finally mastered the art of creating a football strip within the £5-£6 budget the club sets. They seem to excel in hitting new standards of shoddiness with every new creation. I would love a job in the VandenHell "Shirt Bobble" department or the "white to grey in one wash" team...... Does anyone else dream of the day Tranmere have the kit made by a decent manufacturer like Kelly Sports :)

• Players allowed to leave the club left right and centre without even so much as a sniff of a signing (Please dont mention Savage)

• Total lack of transparency of the clubs new structure, points to be awarded for the first response detailing the board from the chairman down, whos who and how we get them out!!!!!!
more to follow I look forward to your kind responses :)

Player
Liam Palmer
  • Players allowed to leave the club left right and centre without even so much as a sniff of a signing (Please dont mention Savage)
We've signed Mark Allot from Oldham

Hardly think the lack of a new strip constitutes reasons for sacking the board. Exactly who would run the club if they all resigned and disappeared? OK we've lost Antony Kay, but there are around 900 out-of-contract players in the FL this summer. I expect us to sign a couple of decent players, but it probably won't happen until well into June, maybe even July. That's the way it is working these days with free agents. As for the others who have left, I'm not bothered. I'd love to see Jenno staying but at the end of the day if we can't have him, we'll get someone else.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha... In response to the £125 season ticket offer, I think they've been a little bit clever. They knew they wouldnt hit the target, however it did create a little bit of a talking point and thus created a few more season ticket sales, so clever thinking really..

No comment on the shirt :)

Player
Liam Palmer
Mark Allot from Oldham Athletic.

Made the most appearances for the club last season. Central midfielder.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Haha... In response to the £125 season ticket offer, I think they've been a little bit clever. They knew they wouldnt hit the target, however it did create a little bit of a talking point and thus created a few more season ticket sales, so clever thinking really..

No comment on the shirt :)

I'll be surprised. Pretty much the only people who knew about it would probably have got one anyway - or can't afford one unless it's £125, so, whatever. Not sure we're hitting many new people with this offer since it was so poorly advertised.

Mark who???????..................................

I am disappointed no comment has been made re: the hierarchy of the club. Is that because no one knows what it is?

This forum has gone to the dogs, I was expecting a little more than Tartantranmere's response re: the new strip.

You're all missing the point, its symbolizes everything that is wrong with Tranmere Rovers at the moment. The strip issue encapsulates the total lack of inertia we are suffering from at the today and I for one believe this on its own is cause celebre to ask the board to stand down.......

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm totally with you on this Al! Why the hell is the new shirt not unveiled? Is it so special that it aint even designed yet?! lol more than likely.

Sack the board sack the board sack the board....!

And unsurprisingly we didn't make 7000 season ticket holders and will probably achieve our lowest average attendance since we rejoined this league in 01. ](*,)

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Mark who???????..................................

Sorry, were you expecting us to sign Kaka? That's a shame.
I am disappointed no comment has been made re: the hierarchy of the club. Is that because no one knows what it is?

This forum has gone to the dogs, I was expecting a little more than Tartantranmere's response re: the new strip.

You're all missing the point, its symbolizes everything that is wrong with Tranmere Rovers at the moment. The strip issue encapsulates the total lack of inertia we are suffering from at the today and I for one believe this on its own is cause celebre to ask the board to stand down.......

And, well, you got more than Tartans response. Ian and I both addressed your point concerning the season ticket offer. The rest of your argument was a bit aimless. Mick and Lorraine, though I strongly dislike the latter, have done very well to maintain that we're in business and remain a competitive force in this league. Yes the PR isn't great, but do you really lose sleep over it? I'm not really that arsed about our new shirt etc - you really believe that alone merits an argument that the board should stand down? :-s

We've let one player go and signed one player - what's your problem? :whistle:

If you don't like the Vanadel shirts then don't buy one...if everyone else likes them and they sell enough for the club to make a decent amount of profit then I guess that's a shame for you.

If you don't like the Vanadel shirts then don't buy one...if everyone else likes them and they sell enough for the club to make a decent amount of profit then I guess that's a shame for you.

For that last part alone you are obviously someone who is not to be messed on a dark night round Primark. I'm kind of getting an image of you wearing your home shirt out on a Saturday night..... Am I right. :cold:

Come on man, open your eyes and see the kit for what it truly is, its a first impression, a uniform of intent both visually and symbolically that should send a message to the rest of the division that Tranmere Rovers are going to walk out on that pitch, get round behind you and do you for fun!!!!!

"Mick and Lorraine"..... you make them sound like a distant aunt and uncle.

If you can't read between the lines of this or my previous post then you deserve what will follow, i make no apologies. It could be a long and difficult Summer for you \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You are very cryptic, and crazy - I'm not really buying into the whole revolutionist stance though.

Sack the board! Where are our home shirts?

Your assesment of me is at least consistant with your overall contribution to this thread, in that it is wide of the mark - I don't buy Tranmere shirts. Tend to stay away from Primark too.

There are no lines to read between.

a.) The £125 season ticket offer didn't work, but we haven't lost anything by doing it.

b.) So the club haven't showed us the finished design for the new kit yet - big deal.

c.) One player has left, one has come in.

d.) http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/WhosWho/

You might particulaly enjoy the last one. Only change is PJ will be Chariman as well as "President."

Player
Johnny Morrissey
LOL. Think you two should one night in gay paree together!