• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ryan Taylor

DixieDean

having a medical at Newcastle apparently.

They're only signing him so he can't score any more goals against them!

DixieDean

Oh, and I'm back by the way....I think it's been a good year or so since I posted here!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
aye, shame he's gone to Newcastle really. Not a great club to be at these days, lots of washed up premiership has beens and failed foreign imports, but I imagine he's on decent money there so not a bad little move for him. Hopefully he can stay fit and establish himself at right back rather than being stuck out on the left wing as he was under Bruce.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Frankly, I'm pleased for him. It could kick start his career again. He's been desperately unlucky with injury. He could still play for England. Let's face it, there's not a lot of competition at right back!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome back DD!
I hope Newcastle don't go down, I'd be gutted for Ryan. Let's hope he gets some games! Pleased for him, as he's not had the best of luck at Wigan.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Managed to get a few games out of position in a half-decent Wigan side, wonder why Bruce didn't play him at right-back/right midfield? Not the best of times to be going to Newcastle though. We usually have some form of sell-on clause. In the current climate any extra cash welcome.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ryan was quite harshly adjudged by Bruce as not being good enough defensivley to play at right back, although his performences there under Jewell were impressive. Also the fact they have Melchiot there has something to do with it. Similaly, Valencia's place on the right wing is cast in stone so, given the lack of competition for a left sided midfield role (Koumas, Kilbane) that was where he ended up.

Newcastle, however, are quite strong in wide midfield positions; Duff, Jonas etc. It's a different story at the back though, Jose Enrique is a terrible player and Geremi is too old. Steven Taylor ended up at right back in the derby at the weekend, so it looks like being a slot (Ryan) Taylor could make his own.