• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Udders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Already played the Terriers twice this season, a decent point at the Galpharm in an even game and losing at home in the JPT, with Ellford-Alliyu missing a penalty none of our bigger names had the bottle to take.

The visitors are in fine form, unbeaten for about 18 games. Whereas Rovers have done quite well against sides at the top; the draw against Brighton and the 2-0 over Saints, this time Goodison's suspension and the injuries to McChrystal dampen any optimism.

If Mark McChrystal is ruled out, my preference would be for a central defensive pairing of Blanchard and Wood. Max has a bit more experience, Nick did ok in the Galpharm game and both are better distributors of the ball than Ash Taylor. I can see Les going for a Wood-Taylor combo in these circumstances though.

Elsewhere, the signs are more promising about Robinson's fitness, so expect a 4-3-3 with the same midfield and forwards as at Oldham. Personally would prefer a 4-4-2 with Enoch and McGurk up front, but it won't happen and to be fair 4-3-3 does seem to work better against the stronger sides.

Prediction. Avoiding a hammering will be a start. While there'll be a decent away turnout, the recent poor fare at home, coupled with the category A pricing mean don't expect the crowd to reach 6k.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
3 0 to huddersfield and i think we will get over 6000 as they apparently have sold out their allocation.

DIW

Player
Goodison
A think a good twatting is most likely. Can't wait.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
For some reason, I have a gut feeling we will actually take something from this game. However, I am not encouraged by Les commenting that he will be happy if we are in the same position next Sunday relative to the bottom four as we are now, which is sensible in some respects, but only serves to give an impression of negativity (more so with a woefully out of form Wednesday side coming up on Tuesday). The last time he made that comment we failed to win in seven.

As has been commented, Huddersfield have sold all 2,000 tickets so the atmosphere should be better than the majority of recent home games, although that is not saying much.

I think there is a 99.9999% chance we will play 4-5-1, which for this game is probably the right formation. I think it is crucial that McChrystal plays as I can't see a truly makeshift centre back pairing keeping Huddersfiel's prolific strikeforce at bay.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I have faith in Ash at center-half, but have grave fears for Wood against their frontline.

Hopefully Dale will be a bit sharper and fitter and we can look to hit on the break.

M

Mal

1-1 with us somehow leading for most of the match (possibly a Jennings special or a Showunmi on-his-own-attempt after an up and under clearance from Warner), 80% Huddersfield possession and them equalising in the 7th minute of added time ....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I say 1-1 too. Always play better against the higher placed teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.