• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v torquay

Player
aldo
Interesting to hear that tranmere have taken more points in the last ten games than eney other team in the national league over the last ten games 21 . Shows wat in improving team we have . .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Interesting to hear that tranmere have taken more points in the last ten games than eney other team in the national league over the last ten games 21 . Shows wat in improving team we have . .
In another thread I posted today that I reckon that an average of two points per game till the end of the season would see us go up as champions. So your stat has cheered me up, AM.

Player
aldo
We have 10 games at home if we can i know the are gonna be twists and turns . But if we can winall 10 thats 30 points . Now are away form has not been to good this season so we need to start getting them wins away and getting the performances we are doing at home . And with cookie and noorwood scoring goals at last . And hoping connor j can get more now he got going you neva know. Someone is gonna get a battering soon can see it coming we are gonna have one of them games when everything goes in . Wouldn't it be funney if solihull got it again

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As it stands, 84 / 85 points will be needed to win the title if the top sides replicate their current performance in the second half of the season. To reach that total we would need to average 2.2 points per game from now until the end of the season, which is a tall order, but not impossible. Past Conference winners who finished with 100 points plus have maintained that kind of average for an entire season.

However, it is possible - likely even - that some of the smaller clubs will fade after Christmas when injuries and fatigue kick in, which might make our task marginally easier.

The last time I tried to project our points total at the halfway point was in 2012-13, and we all know what happened next.... So, it is difficult to make accurate predictions at this stage.

Player
aldo
With are current home form at last we are scoring goals . How meney times can you say over the last 7/8 seasons can you say tranmere have sscored 4 twice 3once and2 in five home games . I got a feeling somthing special could happen . We are creating loads of chances and now scoring goals and not conceding to mutch. If we can put five or six wins together then things are gonna change . . I cant see rides getting his place back with super eddie playing great at the moment. When was the last time a young player made sutch a great start in tranmere colours . Last i can remember was moor . I think he scored in 6/7games . I know gornell got a hatrick in the last game of season but didnt do out else but 4 a young player to come in and have sutch a big impact is superb . Look at wat harry kane has done in 2017 50 goals in 48 games amazing player. We need to get clark ie tied to a big contract because the footie leauge clubs will be calling for him if he keeps up the performances he is doing

M

Mal

Banks always need a Clarke :0)

Seems a combination of injuries and offloading poor_performing players along with finding a couple of gems has helped provide the right service for the forwards.

Not to mention the confidence that a few goals scored breeds.

So Mcnulty played OK? Couldn't make the game but I was certainly concerned he would slow the team down.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s very hard to predict the outcome of this league. Who would have called Halifax winning at Aldershot for example? Our home form has certainly improved, but there are still potential banana-skins out there and it would be a surprise to me if we managed a 100% home record for the rest of the season. Need to improve our away form, but as I’ve only seen us twice on the road, can’t really account for how to address this.

Clarke is an exciting player for sure, but not yet the finished article. It’s good that he’s getting an opportunity and making the most of it. I don’t think that Ridehalgh will be totally out of the picture, when he regains fitness. Given Eddie started his career as a left-winger, there might be an option of playing him wide left and Liam at left-back for example.

McNulty, one mistimed header aside, did nothing wrong. He kept it simple and it was a very assured performance, don’t think he slowed things down. Whether playing with a back three, contributed to our difficulties in retaining possession in the spell from the end of the first half is arguable, though Buxton’s inability to pick out a Rovers player was the main weakness in that system, McNulty’s distribution was fine. I still feel in terms of player management that dropping Gumbs was the wrong thing though.

Player
aldo
Also looking at the goal difference . Are last few games have helped big time . Where last season we didnt do to well until the solihull game at least this year we are . Making a go of it meybe just meybe we are over the play off hangover