• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Swindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A chance to pay them back for the stuffing at the start of the season and after everything had looked so promising in pre-season too.

I can't get excited about the return of Coyne and Taylor tho'. It might be different if it were Curran. Achto commands his area more than Danny. Taylor is arguably a better defender than Cresswell, but Aaron is more effective in attack, which is what's called for here.

It would be good for Gornell to start, if it's a 2-man attack. If we revert to 1 with Shukes behind, then Moore is the best bet. Either way, I don't feel Savage merits a start on his current lack of form.

I won't get to go. If we don't win this, then our play-off prospects are hanging by a thread.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, that wasn't a great start to the season was it, but at least it was a game in which Bas scored in. There hasn't been too many of them..

I'd keep Achterberg in goal. He's done nothing wrong and he actually communicates to his players. I'd certainly keep Cresswell in the team for the same reason. He's played well and deserves his chance.

If we win today, it wont get us into the top six, but it will at least put pressure on those above.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
win or bust today IMO. I would leave Gornell, Cresswell and Achto in not because they are better players than the players they are replacing (well, that's another debate) but because it sends out the right message in general; that you have to earn and play for your place, and if you do well, you stay in the side. Realistically, expect Coyne, Taylor and Savage to return though - perhaps Cresswell might get a go out of the three.

Expect us to win - we have to win, to be honset.

Status
Not open for further replies.