• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Results over the weekend didn't entirely go our way, with Swindle taking a home point to go ahead of us, while a more unexpected win for Yeovil places them level on points, only out of the drop zone on goal difference. Seven games in February, by the end of the month, we should have a fairly good idea of our prospects.

I didn't make the 3-2 defeat at New Year, which sounded unlucky, especially given we played over an hour with 10 men. Rochdale going well at the moment and in upper mid-table. The big question will be whether Robinson is on the starting XI or on the bench. Depending on whether there are any late comings or goings, and when Alliyu's loan spell comes to an end, my instinct is that he won't start the game. Little news about the short-term injuries; are Zoum and Cathalina in contention?

Prediction: Whenever I come over on a Tuesday we seem to lose, so trying to be optimistic we might scrape a draw, in front of 4.5k. Yeovil & Notts County have distinctly winnable games, so we should be hoping for Bournemouth to beat Swindle and keep us out of the bottom four.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would imagine that Les will start with Lateef on the right, and Robinson may get twenty or thirty minutes coming off the bench depending on circumstances.

The bottom of the table seems tighter than ever after today's results, with several sides dragged back into the mix. Yeovil are on a strong run and may survive this season, but we have games in hand on a number of clubs around us with Plymouth, with their multitude of problems, looking particularly catchable.

Four points from the next two games is a must for us really, but Tuesday will be tough. In my view Rochdale have the best manager in League One in Keith Hill, and are a decent side with Jones and O'Grady particularly dangerous. They are also unbeaten in ten games I believe.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They are unbeaten in six and have really come into some decent form. Four wins and two draws this month has rocketed them into 10th with a healthy +5 GD. It'll be a tough game and one we could easily slip up in. Really hope we beat them as I'm still a little bit crabby from that away fixture a few weeks back.

Keep the same team that have played really well in the last two games but put Robinson on the bench. I can't see him being anywhere near match fitness, but might provide a boost with 10 mins to go should we need it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What's the weather like there at the moment. Very cold here in Yorks, wondered if there's any risk of the game being frozen off?

Good news that Michael Kay's loan extended to the end of the season. Zoum is still having foot problems and won't make the squad, so a shortage of spare defenders remains an issue.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent news about Kay. A quality right back until the end of the season. With the bad luck our defenders are having at the moment, let's hope he doesn't follow suit and stays injury free.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Boz there should be no doubt the game will be on its getting warmer tomorrow, i think this will be a difficult game to win im going for 1 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah game will deffo be on - a lot milder on the Wirral this morning.

I expect an unchanged side with Robbo on the bench.

Dale are still riding high on the back of their promotion and did well to carry on even though they sold Dagnall. O'Grady can pop up with a goal and their Gary Jones (unlike our old one) can move and scores regularly for them. He is their version of Goodi I suppose - bit of a legend at the club.

Yeah will be a tough one - they dont concede many so I think it will be a tigh affair. Am sure they would take a point given our last 2 results so its up to us to go and win the game.

Being optimistic, I reckon a narrow 1-0 win for us. Really need at least a point ahead of another tough game against an in form team this coming Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The team has played well in the last few games and the loanees have really made a difference. I'm going for a sneaky 2-0 win.

Listening to Les, I also think he's going to be giving Robinson a bigger role tonight than I first thought, as he says he's looking pretty slim, fit and ready to go!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Thought they looked very timid and naive at their place, reminded me of classic yo-yo West Brom or Crewe the season they went down from our league - trying to place nice football, not doing enough when not in posession, shakey defence. Recent results suggest they're a better team than they showed on that day, although we're doing well at home, so should be a really good game. I'm going for a Rovers win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maybe you should take one for the team and stay at home then. :smile:
You'll be pleased that a bug has meant I am missing the game. Don't think Rovers do well on a Tuesday whether I'm in attendance or not. Surprise recall for Goodison, hope he's not been rushed back too soon.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another last minute equaliser costs us dearly, going purely on the BBC match stats, it looked as though Rochdale deserved a point. How well did Robinson play in his cameo, was Goodison fully fit and were there any other positives to take from this game. I await the full reports from those attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.