• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Rochdale 1-1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree with bigmart. These guys have done well dropping down a division. Says it all really.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Rob, Gornell was not good enough when he played for us & i dont just mean playing wide he played plenty of games up front in a 4 4 2 but he was just not good enough.

The fact that he is scoring goals in league 2 isnt that relevant to us as its the league below us[/QUOTE] I agree with Big Mart - I could never see Gornell making it, so he has either improved big time or lower division is his level. Contrary to a few comments re Enoch I think he put in the milage against Rochdale and showed commendable attitude, unlike Dale Jennings who lost interest after 20 mins - not a great impression to give pack of future employers watching him. Lateef and Welch were excellent and Ash Taylor's lack of composure continues to frustrate.

I am convinced we will stay up comfortably.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Rob, Gornell was not good enough when he played for us & i dont just mean playing wide he played plenty of games up front in a 4 4 2 but he was just not good enough.

The fact that he is scoring goals in league 2 isnt that relevant to us as its the league below us

The gap between League 1 and 2 isn't that big - evidence for this argument can be seen in the degree to which so few teams bounce back up or go straight back down. There aren't really as many yo-yo teams as there are in higher leagues, the standard is fairly level I think. The point being made, I think, is that you'd rather have Gornell than both Akins and Morrow combined.

That said I wasn't surprised to see Gornell leave and I don't blame Les for allowing him to do so. He probably wouldn't have stayed to warm the bench anyway so it's kind of a moot point.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
The gap between League 1 and 2 isn't that big - evidence for this argument can be seen in the degree to which so few teams bounce back up or go straight back down. There aren't really as many yo-yo teams as there are in higher leagues, the standard is fairly level I think. The point being made, I think, is that you'd rather have Gornell than both Akins and Morrow combined.

That said I wasn't surprised to see Gornell leave and I don't blame Les for allowing him to do so. He probably wouldn't have stayed to warm the bench anyway so it's kind of a moot point.
Chaps I take the point about the gap between 1 and 2 being close. I am not there all the time and have not seen enough of Akins and Morrow, but have seen more of Gornell and if Gornell would be prefferred to the other two - then they have to be very poor indeed.

After alot of initial initial cynicism over McCrystal signing I am glad it seems to have worked out for Les. Thought he did ok against Rochdale.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As limited as Terry may have been, I would still rather have him on the bench than Akins or Morrow. But as has been pointed out, he was probably not prepared to spend the remainder of the season as a benchwarmer.