• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Am I the only one who's worried about this one?

For some reason we are still a few points clear of the drop zone and the six teams above us all lost. However, all but one of the teams below us did well on Saturday and are not too far behind us. This division is actually getting even tighter.

The one team beneath us who lost is Bristol Rovers. They have lost 8 out of the last 9 and haven't scored for three games. Surely a home banker?

But remember Walsall. Since their draw at PP, they have moved off the bottom and out of the drop zone. As with Walsall, Bristol Rovers have just sacked their manager today! I've a nasty feeling the Pirates are about to kickstart their season and leave us without a win in six.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I'm worried because we always play crap against sh1te teams around us. And they've just sacked their manager. And we really need the points.

So basically we have no chance of a win.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn't say we've got no chance. Admittedly, when the odds are heavily stacked against the opposition, we do seem to struggle, but The Pirates really are having a torrid time this year. Second from bottom, GD of -35 and their last win coming in late January, we really should be going for the jugular. They can't buy a win at the moment, and I'm confident we can get a result.

Warner and Robinson and Ash both picked up knocks but should be fine to start. Sadly Jennings pulled up again in training and won't feature.

At least I'll be able to get a coffee at half time!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If we play as we did in the first half on Saturday we will win regardless of the shot in the arm the Pirates get from their change of manager, but yes, I am very nervous.

I think it is crucial that Les gets the tactics right for this one. The Yeovil game gave us a similar opportunity to create a gulf between ourselves and the bottom four, yet we started the game with three defensive-minded central midfielders against a team playing five at the back and pulling ten men behind the ball when they lost possession.

I would like to see us go 4-4-2 with Robinson and Zoum out wide and Enoch and Lateef up top.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that we're right to be worried through our poor form against teams below us coupled with Brizzle's boost from a new boss. Same ref as the 0-3 against Wycombe last season as well, after when it felt like we were all but down too.

Agree with RLC that we should go 442 for this and to hell with cramming the side with defensive midfielders. Personally, I would pick McGurk up front with Enoch, after his promising cameo v Yeovil, for all of Les' encouraging words, the lad hasn't had a kick. However expect either Robbo or Pan to be the second striker.

Prediction. Another draw in front of a much reduced 4.5k crowd.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
In fact, there's been a change of ref and it's now the same guy who did the game at the Memorial Stadium.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Predicting the lowest home league crowd of the season for tonight.

Parry best set out with an attacking team from the start.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I'm worried because we always play crap against sh1te teams around us. And they've just sacked their manager. And we really need the points.

So basically we have no chance of a win.

Don't want to say i told you so... but...

Status
Not open for further replies.