• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We won the corresponding fixture last year fairly comfortably 2-0. About a month ago, our opponents were in the bottom half of the table, with patchy form, now they're in the play-off slots. Think Broomes is suspended, so Rovers will have to make adjustments to the side, with Taylor moving to central defence. Personally, I'd like to see Barnett or Fraughan coming into midfield, but am resigned to seeing McLaren recalled.

Prediction: we've had some dire games in the week before Christmas, can remember Wimbledon stuffing us 0-4. We need to get at least 5 points from the next three matches, but can't see us winning this one. 2-2.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I fancy a 1-1. Trollope said of us something to the effect of "we'll respect them and work hard, despite their lowly league position" - came accross a little bit cocky/disrespectful, maybe it's just me. Hopefully they won't be able to motivate themselves for such an 'easy' game.

Curran to score

evo_trfc

I would be really dissapointed with anything other than a win, I would just about take a draw considering circumstances we are in but its a home game and if the players want to be playing league 1 football next year they need to do the business!

Rovers despite their league position are nothing special at all, I watched them play Swindon last week and despite them winning 3-0 they were awful, 3 shots on goal all game, Just was one of those games where you can dominate but lose!
They break well play some nice counter attacking stuff but they are no better then southend or brentford so i really do expect 3 points saturday!

2-0 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think it'll be a tough game, but it's at home, the lads will work hard and we'll win 2-1. Xmas is usually a terrible period for Rovers, although may have slightly improved over the years. It's not something we could afford this time around.

Broomes is out, but no big loss IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.