• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Les has lost both previous home games against the Latics. Last season's opener, where a late deflected effort from ITM gave the impression of a closer game than the reality and a 0-1 at a fog-bound PP the previous season. Oldham come into this on the back of a deserved win over the Franchise, helped by a goalkeeping slip (literally) from former Rovers loanee Dave Martin at the Boundary Park swamp to give the home side the lead.

I don't think that Les will have much to think about in terms of team selection, given the Joss ban and continuing injury absences. Hopefully, the brain time saved there can be deployed to devising a strategy for retaining possession and making sure our striker (presumably Enoch) isn't totally isolated. Baxter needs to be further forward than the Bournemouth game for a start.

Prediction. Another draw. Despite Oldham's decent travelling support, due to home apathy, we'll do well to get over 6k for this one.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i also think a draw 1 1 with about 5500 attendance

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A tough game, as Oldham have been a decent side since Dickov took over, and Kuqi will be a big threat up front.

I think the strategy for retaining possession should simply be to play with the same patience and composure as we do away from home. I don't believe there is anything in the personnel or system which prevents us from playing this way, and the impatience of the Prenton Park crowd may be a factor in our (relatively) poorer performances at home in recent weeks.

Confidence must still be high after the superb performance at Charlton, and we are due a home victory over Oldham, so I am hopeful.

Player
Liam Palmer
Surprised that McChrystal's comeback is so close - he talking next Saturday for a return.Will he get near the team the way Ash is playing?

Intriguingly both Robbo and Davaney claimed two days ago on Twitter that they might be fit for tomorrow. Both seem to think Wallsall game more likely. But you never know....

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think the strategy for retaining possession should simply be to play with the same patience and composure as we do away from home. I don't believe there is anything in the personnel or system which prevents us from playing this way, and the impatience of the Prenton Park crowd may be a factor in our (relatively) poorer performances at home in recent weeks.

Yes yes yes

Just met an Oldham fan on the train. He was a ****.

SWA!

Status
Not open for further replies.