• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Free entry, win should pretty much see us safe, loads of tickets already 'sold' so should be a great atmosphere.

Considering making the trip up from Coventry in the afternoon (cost of diesel has been putting me off attending too many games in the last few seasons).

Predictions? Will the lads put on a display for the bigger crowd or will it be another anti-climax.

Decisions, decisions.

SWA!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if we can play like we did for most of the game on saturday we should be able to beat them they are on such a bad run and score less goals than us that im fairly hopefull of a win

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Trouble is we never perform well when the chance to impress is there, so i fear its gonna be a 0-0 bore draw, though we SHOULD win on paper at least! Come on you Rovers!!\\:D/

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I just hope it isn't a case of Yeovil revisited, decent crowd due to cheap tickets, fare of absolute dross served up by the Rovers. Notts County have been on a bad run lately, but a trip to PP, has been the cure for a couple of sides in a similar position.

Expect Welsh to be a straight swap for the banned Labadie. If Goodi is unfit, then Wood or Ash at the back, with Blanchard filling the midfield slot, if Taylor drops back.

Prediction. Either a draw or another 0-1, before about 7.8k crowd. Hopefully, if it is a draw, will be action-packed rather than goalless.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Boz, the crowd will be a lot higher than 7.8k. JK and Paddock tickets are sold out entirely and I think they're opening the Upper Kop.

I expect a resonding victory and hopefully we can start moving up the table. Our run-in isn't too bad at all.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I heard they are expecting over 10,000.

I just hope that like when we're often on the telly, when the opportunity comes to possibly attract some new fans, the lads dont blow it.

Arguably you couldnt ask for more - we are playing well and Notts have lost 9 in a row.

Home banker then ?!

O

OneNightInGayParis

I heard they are expecting over 10,000.

I just hope that like when we're often on the telly, when the opportunity comes to possibly attract some new fans, the lads dont blow it.

Arguably you couldnt ask for more - we are playing well and Notts have lost 9 in a row.

Home banker then ?!

Mmmm ... home banker at PP?!. It is perfectly set up for a dismal game - give us some exposure (Yeovil and Oldham) and we blow it!

But perhaps this time it'll change. A 4-0 win, safety and an extra 1,000 season tickets sold in the following week with C9S taking over and increasing the playing budget by £2m for next season. Dream on ...

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
This win should guarentee our L1 survival so im hoping that we can get something out of it.

People are remarking about Notts County's crap run of form but dont forget if it hadnt of been for the match being called off they would have walloped us.

Getting there nice and early in case some wopper tries to steal my prime view of the game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ha, yes, come on Rovers, let's put on a show in front of a decent crowd. Agree with Gray, 1 more win, we'll be fine. 2-0 again to Rovers.

Player
Goodison
We've got a habit on losing when there is a special offer on. A win will see us more or less safe although I think we need 4 more points to be sure. We're capable of winning, but knowing Tranmere we'll lose just to make it more interesting...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, a game with a bit of atmosphere. Should be good.

Supporters obtaining a ticket for this game are asked to respect the reserved stickers displayed on season ticket holders' seats and sit in unreserved seats.
Hmm.. I'm getting there early.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Anybody wanting to be launched from their chosen vantage point onto the pitch can try sitting in my seat if they like

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Out of interest, what was the last game at Prenton Park to sell out ? Millwall in the Quarter Final replay ?

I would expect us to win tomorrow, but think we are already pretty much safe this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just hope that the organisation is geared up to cope with a crowd of this nature.

I don't think the Millwall FA quarter-final was a sell-out. Maybe the league cup semi v notlob?

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Just hoping it isnt simply being used as a creche for a couple of hours for mr & mrs scally to go down the pub....

Come on SWA!! Lets make it a fortress of sound!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
With our new found confidence (two wins on the bounce!) and a large crowd to roar us on, I'm hoping we will virtually assure League One football at PP next season. Even I am convinced another win against a team below us is all it will take.

My fear is we'll take our foot off the gas, the crowd will get negative and their new manager will have fired them up.

So I'm not making any prediction. But if we can be safe before the end of the season, it would be great for Les to be able to bring in the fringe players and a couple of youngsters to try them out before contracts get reviewed.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
I went into the shop yesterday at about 4pm to get some tickets for Hartlepool. There werre signs up at the gate and all over the windows saying it was sold out.

Despite this there were crowds of people asking why there werent any tickets and berating TRFC for poor organisation.

Are these people actually for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.