• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Monkey Hangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
TartanTranmere, I don't accept that we must win on Friday, though I'd very much like it to happen. I wouldn't even put this game into a mustn't lose category as there are still enough games left to get the points for safety, while accepting your view about the effect that defeat could have on our morale and that of the chasing pack. The gist of my first post on this thread was the form-book in the 9 away losses and the history-book given Pools poor record at PP make me share your lack of confidence; "bound to win sometime..."

If we lose, then we're dependent on Wycombe beating Exeter to stay out of the bottom four. I don't think that's impossible as Wycombe's form is fair and they still can escape, a draw is the most likely outcome there. If we get a point on Friday, Exeter have to win to overtake us. A point would mean we're still only a win off overtaking Hartlepool too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Exeter have gone and won with a last minute goal. Their next two fixtures are away at Wycombe and home to Wallsall. Nuff said. We just have to win on Friday, end of.
Great result for them. That's their first win since they beat Leeds 2-0, two months ago!

It certainly puts a bit more pressure on us to win just so we have some breathing space from that bottom four.

Regarding the debate about must win games, I think all our home games are must wins. How long do you keep saying there are still enough games that we don't necessarily have to win this one? Soon enough your down to a handful of games. Like Les said, we don't want to be going to Stockport looking for a result. Let's get the points on the board and get into a position of relative comfort as soon as we can.

Not sure my ticker would take a must win last game of the season scenario. 8-[

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Looking at our run in, I think we have got tougher matches than a number of the other teams in the dogfight with Norwich, Swindon, Colchester and Millwall to come: hence, Friday comes into the 'must win' category for me.

Obviously no team is relegated with ten games to play, but we could conceivably play extremely well against the four teams mentioned and lose all four matches, given the gulf in resources and quality between us and the very top sides.

To be honest, we've probably been lucky in the last couple of weeks that other results have generally gone for us, and it was unrealistic to expect that we would be safe with three games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.