• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Daggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Won't be at this one, which is bound to be fairly tense. Our opponents in decent form and gave Brighton a run for their money midweek. It will be interesting to see if Les finds a place for match-winner Adam McGurk in the starting line-up or opts for the same XI as took the field at Bournemouth. Robbo and Jennings remain doubts and unlikely to start, but McChrystal is back to full fitness says the o/s.

Prediction. I can see Dagenham scoring at least two and think the best we will muster is a draw. Crowd will be about 4.3k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
They say never change a winning team, but I think we must start with a 4-4-2 and give McGurk a chance up front with Enoch on Saturday. Dagenham are so physical and direct they make us look like the 1970s Holland side, and I fear that if we put five in midfield we will play in to their hands and end up with a Yeovil / Bristol Rovers type performance.

Difficult to know whether Jennings or Robinson will be fit but we could do with their creativity against a team that is in good form, and apparently showing a terrific spirit at the moment.

A truly massive game as a victory will (almost) guarantee our survival.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This season has a long way to go yet. Even if we win on Saturdayand on Tuesday (highly unlikely), we will still not be safe on 52 points. Unlike previous years, it's so tight at the bottom and any team can hit a run of form even at this late stage. This season has a long way to go yet.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
im sure that 52 points will be enough to be safe this season.

As much as id like to see 4-4-2 i think the team will be unchanged from last week.

Im going for a 1 1 draw

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, yes, I'm sure you've been saying this for the last few weeks, but I tend to agree with BBTC, there's a long way to go in this yet, plenty of football still to be played.

Right, off the back of our fantastic if a little surprising win at the weekend, the lads will be a little bit more buoyant and we'll sneak this one 2-1. [-o<

Player
Goodison
I'll be going to this one, it's the kind of game Tranmere have a habit of cocking up - especially after such a good result last time out. I'd like to see McGurk given a start this time out.

Team I would play:
Warner

Kay McCrystal Goodison Bakayogo

Robinson (if fit) Labadie Weir Creswell

McGurk Showunmi

If Robinson isn't fit I would like to see Fraughan given a game as he looks like a decent player and he scored the winner for the reserves this week.

I don't feel it's neccasary to play Taylor as a defensive mid against a team doing worse than us. I know people say not to change a winning team, but you should also choose a team to tackle a specific game, I feel playing two upfront is the best way forward. I wouldn't play Jennings even if his ankle is better as he isn't fit enough to start yet.

O

OneNightInGayParis

We are going to win on Saturday because I won't be there!

I haven't seen us win since Sothampton on 22nd January! Including a couple of aways my record since then is Seen 6 Won 0 Drew 2 lost 4 For 1 Against 9. I missed the home wins against Sheff Wed and Colchester and the last goal I saw us score was Elford-Alliyu's on 1st Feb when we threw away 2 points against Rochdale!

If we win on Saturday I will seriously consider not turning up for the Notts County game ...

3-1

:-({|=:-({|=

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
The first of what will be two very difficult games coming up, and out of the 2, this is the most scary, as they do seem to be capable of scoring for fun (Admittedly they tend to concede for fun too though! :lol: ). I have a feeling we will lose this, draw with county, but beat hartlepool....Just the way our season has been going

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This season has a long way to go yet. Even if we win on Saturdayand on Tuesday (highly unlikely), we will still not be safe on 52 points.

I am sure that we would be safe on 52 points. I think it is only once in the last fifteen years that a side has needed more than that in this division to survive.

However, I agree that given our home record this season it is highly unlikely we can get two wins from such tense and crucial matches.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't feel it's neccasary to play Taylor as a defensive mid against a team doing worse than us. I know people say not to change a winning team, but you should also choose a team to tackle a specific game, I feel playing two upfront is the best way forward. I wouldn't play Jennings even if his ankle is better as he isn't fit enough to start yet.

Disagree in regard to Ash Taylor, this is exactly the kind of game, where is height and aerial ability will come in handy against a side who seem to play a skillful version of the long ball game. I would like to see 2 up front and giving McGurk a start though.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ash is terrible in midfield but with Mark Mac and Goody fit at the back, and Welsh suspended in the middle, him playing alongside Joss and Weir would make sense if we're to play 4-3-3.

If we play 4-4-2 and Robbo is not fit - and I suspect he isn't - then expect Weir to play from the right with Taylor and Joss in the middle.

He'll probably get a game.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
If we lose tomorow and goody picks up an injury to keep him out till the end of the season, then we will not be feeling quite so smug.....,

thats how finaly balanced our future is at the mo...

who in there right mind would invest with those odds ?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Ash is terrible in midfield but with Mark Mac and Goody fit at the back, and Welsh suspended in the middle, him playing alongside Joss and Weir would make sense if we're to play 4-3-3.

If we play 4-4-2 and Robbo is not fit - and I suspect he isn't - then expect Weir to play from the right with Taylor and Joss in the middle.

He'll probably get a game.

i like ash in the middle ,he to slow at the back !

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He's definitely our quickest center-half...

Can't pass a ball, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.