• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Crawley - *postponed*

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
with our home form showing won 4 draws, 2 lost 4, and only scored 12 they have not won an away game yet, we need a win and a good one but if you look at again the front two they have not scored in a combined 19 games 9 for Nev and 10 for Hem can't see a big gate at the weekend who wants to see this dross god help them if we lose again really hoping for a 2-0 win we need it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Asssuming the game is on then it is arguably a must win game. Although we’re much Closer to the play offs than the relegation zone, anything other than a win could create a real negative atmosphere on Saturday.
Crawley come to PP with ex Spurs winger Matthew etherington in charge who has had one win and one defeat from his opening two games in charge. Their away record is poor. 10 games with 5 draws and 5 defeats although the former includes getting a point at Bradford.

in their ranks They have a natural goalscorer in nadesan who has 6 goals and 4 assists so we’ll have to watch him. After their 12th place finish last season, many were surprised when they signed league twos last seasons top scorer Dom Telford from Newport but he is out of form and has 2 goals this seaso. Their two recent homes games was a positive win over Swindon, but a home defeat last weeek to lowly Hartlepool.

if Rovers are to end the winless run then surely we won’t get a better opportunity than Saturday. I’m assuming turnbull will come in for Byrne And possibly Nevitt for Lewis. I’d like burton to be given a start alongside Hemings but can’t see it Elliot is fit.

prediction: a home win for me and some pre Christmas cheer.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
if Elliot is fit get him in drop Hemmings for Burton not being funny but Hemmings is just not doing it and I think needs a break from the team or a Kick up the bottom

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The supporter liaison officers have said the club have no concerns that the game will be postponed. That is surprising given the severe frosts we have had in the last week, but there we are.

I think Turnbull will replace Byrne and we will stick with the 442. If Nevitt is fit I would pair him with Hemmings. If Elliott is not available, I would play Lewis just off Hemmings as that is the best option we have at the moment. Hopefully Mumbongo will get minutes on the pitch again, as I think he will be an asset and a different option if he can overcome his injury issues.

Crawley are actually in reasonable form, albeit they lost at home to an awful Hartlepool side in their last game. If we win the game, the picture could change quite rapidly with some reasonable fixtures to come over the Christmas period.

The ticket sales seem quite good given the time of year, awful weather, poor form etc, with over 4,200 sold as of this morning.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Pitch inspection to take place tomorrow morning, doesn't sound very promising

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Tranmere Rovers Football Club can confirm that a pitch inspection will take place the morning of Friday 16th December ahead of our Sky Bet League Two fixture against Crawley Town.

There has been consistently low temperatures in the area since last Friday and due to this, the referee will inspect the pitch ahead of Crawley’s departure tomorrow morning.

We will update fans as soon as a decision has been made.

#TRFC #SWA

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, certainly doesn't sound promising.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
In my garden, it was minus 10, according to my thermometer. This morning
So the huge shadow in the weak sunshine, the kop goalmouth, if like the lawn (grass) in my garden is like concrete, and no give whatsoever.
I know that the pitch lights are on, but they don't cover even a third of the pitch, the covers will be useless, with anything below 5 degrees. I can also see it being off.
There is also a risk that Friday night, there could be more snow or heavy rain due to the warm front coming against the cold artic air. And then again it might not happen till Saturday night. They just don't know.

It is now minus 5 in my garden and freezing. White and a spectacular clear night starry sky over Prenton Park.

Just not use to this!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Five games off already in League Two.

Personally, I am not too bothered as the conditions are awful and we will probably be in better form when the game is replayed.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Five games off already in League Two.

Personally, I am not too bothered as the conditions are awful and we will probably be in better form when the game is replayed.
Only Orient and Barrow have survived in League 2 while all Championsip games are on. That probably reflects the gulf in finances more than geographical weather variations.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
How the ?!][℅™ is Barrow still on?
last time I was there is wasn't that good!

no northern or southern national league on and only a handful of FA trophy games on, mainly down South!

Still below freezing here in Tranmere!