• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Cheltenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We haven't beaten a L2 side at home under Les and Ronnie didn't fare much better, but given our poor record at Whaddon Road, you feel that if we don't finish the game off on Saturday, our chances of progress may be slim. Cheltenham also had a reverse in the JPT, perhaps more unexpectedly at home to struggling Barnet, but expecting a tough game from them.

It will be interesting to what lessons Les takes from the last two games. Hopefully we'll be able to combine the greater penetration from midweek with the more assured defending from the front as demonstrated last weekend.Expect a similar line-up to Colchester, though he might consider recalling McChrystal at the back or Enoch up front.

Prediction: Hoping we can edge a tight game. Despite the reduced admission, I wouldn't expect we'll top 4k.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cheltenham rested seven players for the Barnet game so I would not read too much into that result. They have won their last five away games, and sit third in League Two, so our attitude will have to be right on Saturday.

After last night's shenanigans, I would expect Goody to partner Taylor at the back, with Robinson also obviously returning. Defensive solidity is the order of the day I think, and hopefully we can pretend that game was just a bad dream. I hope that Les will also stick with Tiryaki up front, despite Enoch's impact when coming off the bench against Chesterfield.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think this will be a tight game im going for a 1 0 home win

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It'll be like a league game in a way in that we'll be back to full strength albeit it will be a test against an in-form side.

I just hope that at full strength, we don't have a negative result (i.e. lose or draw) which could impact on our good league form of late. Especially with Sheff Wed coming up.

Am hoping for a similar result to some recent home games; fairly tight, not much in it, but we do enough to win.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, of course Goodison who is now getting rested for anything other than league games (and the FA Cup) :) will fit in nicely at the back. Still think McChrystal needs a few more games to get his sharpness back. And although not Taylor's biggest fan, he has played quite well recently.

Robinson will be one of the better players tomorrow, as per usual and Tiryaki will remain up front. I remember saying a few weeks back that once Tiryaki scored, the flood gates will open. Haha, OK, maybe not flood gates, but his goals to games ratio has been very good of late.

Another brace from him torromow will see us through to the 2nd round.

Devaney and Enoch on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Awful first half. Truly awful.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Willing to bet large sums of money at this point that we don't equalise (mid way through second half).

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Well at least we can concentrate on the league... :roll:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well at least we can concentrate on the league... :roll:
At the moment, I don't think we're capable of concentrating on anything. It's all gone pear-shaped since midway through the first half at Scunthorpe. I'm sure Les can turn it round. The question is when?

Status
Not open for further replies.