• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
A rare trip up to the wirral for me this weekend to watch the game, really looking forward to it!

Any idea which Tranmere will turn up? The one that's hungry, adventurous and battles for every ball, or the one that rolls over and gets thumped in the first 30 minutes?

Keen to have a look at some of the new faces.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im going for a 2 1 home win its a game we really need to be winning

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, Les has laid his cards on the table for these next few games and said these are the winnable ones, so let's hope he's right.

Brentford, a team actually worse than us by a point are really struggling this season. Bottom of the league with just two league wins so far. Still looking for their first win away from home (which is never a good sign).

I think we'll be hungry for a win here. 2-0.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Perhaps too early to say but its a must win. Lose and all the work against Charlton, Posh, Brighton etc will count for nothing.

I really hope we play with the same tempo etc as we did against the top sides, as if we do, we will win.

But football being football means we'll probably lower our performance level and try and grind out a win.

1-0 to rovers for me. Big Enoch.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I feel this could be an excruciating game. They're bottom of the league and a team we should be looking to defeat. After all, we've done well at home against Peterborough, Chalrton and Brighton. But you just know that it won't be an as good a performance (sorry, very bad English) here.

Hoping for 3 points, will be singing my heart out to help the lads. SWA! [-o<

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Been away for a week, so not up to speed with who's fit etc. If Darville's able to play would prefer to see him at right-back and Blanchard in midfield for Joss, alongside Fraughan and Welsh. As it's at least a musn't lose game would hope that McLaren gets no further than the bench. I can see a use for him as a defensive midfielder in away games, but not here.

As Ian suggests, the fact Brentford haven't won an away game means they must be due one...then again didn't Gillingham go all season without a win on the road?

Unsure what to expect today, fingers crossed for a good game and result.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
As it's at least a musn't lose game would hope that McLaren gets no further than the bench. I can see a use for him as a defensive midfielder in away games, but not here.

Because he's tenacious and hard-working?

Like Boz, no idea what's going on in terms of our squad this week. Just gonna sit down and enjoy the ride. 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.