• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2, Leyton Orient 0

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agree that Akins had a pretty poor game and is in danger of being released at the end of the season. He's got a great attitude and I was made up for him earlier on in the season when he seemed to have turned a corner, but he's struggling for form again now and at exactly the wrong time...

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
He's got a great attitude and I was made up for him earlier on in the season when he seemed to have turned a corner, but he's struggling for form again now and at exactly the wrong time...

Maybe he does.nt feel appreciated

Guys i,ve only seen him on several occasions and i always thought he was ok

I do recall ,how much some fans hated Eugene dadi ,i could never understand that..!

Yet some fans doted over Chris green-acre ...and Stuart bar-low... in my mind very average at best..

than again i could.nt see what all the fuss was about over Steve coppell...

But atkins ,he,s obviously had some poor games and you guys perception,won,t give him a break here

After yesterdays performance he deserves to be in the team period... and if some of you can,t see passed that then ....so what !

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Agree that Akins had a pretty poor game and is in danger of being released at the end of the season. He's got a great attitude and I was made up for him earlier on in the season when he seemed to have turned a corner, but he's struggling for form again now and at exactly the wrong time...

Danger of being released !:-D

most of the team are out of contract ,at the end of the season..but the team are clearly not good enough over a season so...room for more talent imo?

The great thing about RM is, he knows players...
At the end of yesterdays game ... he was talking to several orient players ,some clearly he had tried to sign or worked with in the past...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The great thing about RM is, he knows players...

Debatable. I think that Ronnie's record isn't bad with well-established players, but he is not so strong in developing youth talent. His failures with Mike Jones and Danny Holmes illustrate this.

I didn't think Akins had a great game v Orient, but he was involved in setting up the 2nd goal. What I like about Lucas is that he doesn't go missing even when things aren't going well, which doesn't hold for some of our regulars. Yesterday, he put a good tackle and some blocks and kept trying, even when his touch was poorer than usual.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Amplesou, you rate Akins but thought Greenacre was average???.

Akins tries hard but is very limited talent wise, Greenacre was the last good goalscorer we had.

DevonExile

Player
George Payne
It was as ound performance against a mediocre team, i.e the sort that all too often we have not taken maximum points from.

Moore is right in that we lack a true winger or striker . Yesterday, Holmes ans Buchanan geetting forward at least incresed the supply of crosses. For me,Buchanan was the man of the match but Robinson's energy was also a critical factor.

Is it too much to say that the next 2 home games could define the season ? Two wins would make it realistic that we could get 50 plus ponts and we would also pull PNE into the relegation pack.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Akins has been a real enigma this season: superb for about two months, decidedly average for the rest of the campaign. It is difficult to know whether he was simply playing above himself in the early weeks, or whether he does genuinely have the ability to cut at this level. He certainly can't be faulted for effort as has been commented.

If Ronnie stays on beyond the summer I would imagine his days will be numbered, as he likes to play with genuine width: I can't imagine he will view Lucas as a first choice winger, and as we all know, he is not capable of playing the striker role.

Further to Devon Exile's comments, we have one of the most talented wingers in the division in Devaney, but unfortunately he is permanently crocked (which is probably why he is here).

I would almost go as far as to suggest we will stay up if we win in Tuesday night. A victory would give us real momentum, and seven points is a big gap for the bottom four clubs to make up at this stage of the season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure that Devaney is an out-and-out winger like a Morrisey/Nevin, but certainly a good player to have at this level, if fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Two goals in the first half. Wow, it's amazing what happen's when you get bodies in the box. Sorry Les, but what were you thinking?

I'm not sure this game was a clear cut as some people are making out. Orient has some great chances and could have been two up early on if it wasn't for the post and some great saves by OFW. He had a superb game as did Robinson. When Robbo is on form, the team usually do well.

Good to see Enoch score and I hope he can get a few more before the season ends. Probable with Ronnie's system as the support up front is now perfect for strikers. Cross into the box, Enoch lunges in, goal scored. That's how it's done.

Disappointed with the second half. We sat too deep, but not complaining. Three points is all you can ask for and at this stage of the season, we'll take them anyway we can.

Congrats to the team and Ronnie, it's been a long while waiting for that win.

drwhoman

LES PARRY

Thanks to those who put me right on the two Les Parrys. Only goes to show you cannot trust what you read. I checked my facts before posting using Dean Hayes 'Tranmere Rovers the Complete A to Z' and he says they are one and the same! I wonder what else he got wrong! I must try and get a copy of the latest Gilbert Upton book. It costs two arms and two legs on Amazon! Anyone know a good source?

darrens8761

darrens8761
Player
ITM
good win at last. vintage ronnie. attack early doors get the goals and then tighten up, rather than the start off to keep it tight and try and nick it at the end nonsense we have played all season.

the current squad is rubbish imo. compare it to the squad ronnie had on his final game of the 2008/9 season at scunny and i hope you will understand my comment.

i was not convinced on his appointment at first, purely because i believe that you should never look back to former managers. but place is buzzing again and it is good going the match again.

ronnie goes on about a striker, none around. hang on a min our ian who is a 15 goal per season league 1 striker was sat in the white seats watching when he could and should be playing. go on ronnie make him play.

akins is poor but he is a tryer. mass clear out in summer for me, raven,kay,holmes,mcrystal,akins,tyriaki,enoch,weir, devanney. lets re-build again under ronnie.

roll on pne

DIW

Player
Goodison
the current squad is rubbish imo. compare it to the squad ronnie had on his final game of the 2008/9 season at scunny and i hope you will understand my comment.

roll on pne

And now compare it to the 'squad' Barnes put together.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think I would be looking to ship Holmes, Devaney or even Raven anywhere too soon. I don't think there is much difference between our squad and those of the majority of clubs outside the top six or eight.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Darrens8761, you should wake up and smell the dog-crap and let the grim realities of running a football club in 2012 sink home.

I would agree with RLC that our current squad is the rough equal of the majority of L1 sides, excluding the affluent few at the top. As well as the three he names, McChrystal is under contract for next season, which, if he gets over his hernia op, is no bad thing.

ITM hasn't kicked a ball in anger for going on a year, so your suggestion he's the solution to our scoring problems takes optimism to a whole new dimension.