• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 1 Blackpool 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A few quick thoughts on this game.

A win, a very good goal from a passing move started and finished by Barnett, who continues to look good now he's signed. Fairly good first half showing by Rovers, although in both halves we had to clear efforts off the line. second half there was a period when we reverted to playing hoof-ball, especially Kay who's capable of doing better. However towards the end Rovers came good again, Ahmed very close to doubling the score near the end. Quick cameo from Creswell, who joins a long line of smallish left-backs pulling on the white shirt, he did nothing out of place.

My concerns were with team selection. Goodison is banned for the start, so if Antwi and Edds aren't fit, shouldn't we be trying out the options now, be it Holmes, or Kay with Waterfall in the centre? Similarly Jennings played the 90, whereas I thought Ronnie should have subbed him rather than Barnett, given we know Charlie wil be around for the next 12 months.

Overall things looking fairly promising, though a growing injury list is a concern.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Boz, did they look more positive on the attack? One of my concerns for years now if the lack of productivity in attack. I know it was only a friendly, but I'm hoping with the new faces in midfield and up front, things may be looking different up there. Also, the finishing. Two efforts cleared off the line, should they have been clear goals or just unlucky on both occasions?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, Curran looked very good and the fact that he was left out of the Lairds match last night suggests he'll start at Swindon. Savage holds the ball up well, but I can see why he's got a worse scoring record than Zola. The midfield, Barnett and O'Callaghan and Jennings if he stays were involved in much of the attacking play, so yes I can see the goals for tally mounting.

My comments above probably not that clear, but I was describing Rovers clearing 2 Blackpool efforts off our line