• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pools v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm surprised to be the first to post on this as I expect we must all have some confidence the team can get something from the game.

None of the injured players is ready to return yet and Jose is definitely available, so the main issue must be whether Les keeps the starting 11 from Saturday or keeps Muzzy upfront. It may depend on Enoch's strain. I'm sure Les won't change a winning team if Enoch is fit. Even if Enoch starts, I expect Les won't want to risk him for 90 minutes, so I expect Tiryaki to feature well before the end. If Enoch isn't up to it, maybe Cole Stockton will be on the bench.

I'd be happy with a draw and could see it finishing 1-1. A win would be a massive result.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I have a feeling we will just win this 1 0 there home record isnt that good

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our record at Victoria Park is pretty feeble, last won courtesy of a goal from Daggers in 2005. Last season, Dale rescued a point for us. The home side ended a losing streak at the weekend and will be hoping to continue that improvement against us.

I expect Les to select the same team, so long as Enoch is fit. If not, Mustafa will come in. Only if both are unfit will Cole Stockton get anywhere near the bench.

The next couple of away games at grounds where we fare badly, will be a good indicator about how much we've moved on since last season. 4 or more points would suggest serious play-off hopes. Realistically, I'd be happy to take a point, but not hopeful.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A really interesting game this one, as Hartlepool won on Saturday, but only against a badly struggling Chesterfield side. They have also been shipping a lot of goals recently, and on recent performances you probably wouldn't expect us to lose tomorrow, although those could be famous last words.

As was commented on an earlier thread, Enoch's injury would give Les an 'excuse' to start with Tiryaki, although it is difficult to judge how much we would miss Enoch's work in closing down the opposing back four if he was left out.

I think it is realistic to expect three points from one of the two away games this week, but would definitely take a draw tomorrow night, to keep Hartlepool in touching distance.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Akins is God

Status
Not open for further replies.