• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Orient 2 Tranmere 1

DIW

Player
Goodison
I wasn't at the game today, so don't know what really went on in detail, however the sad truth is that we are now rock bottom of the league. That decision to sack Ronnie looks more stupid with every single passing game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is worrying times indeed. Another pretty drab game by the sounds of it and another week passes without any league points. Bloody awful.

With 17 games gone, we are rock bottom on a GD of -24. The worst team in the league. Wow, this is depressing.

Will something happen this week? I hope it does..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Depressing and getting no better, despite some very close results of late.

I think I've said this before, but our strikers are having a terrible season. In August, they scored 5 goals. In September, they managed two. Last month, it was just one. This month so far, zilch!

You have to blame the whole team and the management for the predicament we are in, but the form of our front men is costing us dearly and can't be helping the confidence of the team.

Player
Liam Palmer
I think Les and co have improved matters since Barnes left but clearly the results aren't reflecting this. I hope there is decisive action now from PJ. The next three games are so crucial - we simply cannot afford not to win them - or the season will be over.

Depressing.

yozzer31

Player
Aldo
Was there to witness yet another frustrating game for us. When we equalised I thought that we could go on and grab another win, but Scum Thornton (who didn't endear himself to our fans by celebrating at us) saw off our chances. It didn't really help matters that we had two full backs on the pitch that can't hit a ball with their right peg but I'm not blaming them personally; we seemed to stop closing them down in the second half. I assume that Logan was out with the groin problem he started with on Tuesday night.

Really do need to start picking up points, starting on Tuesday evening guys.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This was a mustn't lose game and we lost.

I'm not sure why Les persists with the 4-3-3 away from home, he appears as inflexible as JB in that respect. It sounds like we probably played better than Tuesday(1st half at least) but the final scoreline may have flattered us.

Agree with bring back the cowsheds about strikers, I'd have hoped that by now Craig Curran's near misses and bringing good saves would have developed into a few goals and he's probably been the pick of the bunch in term of performance. Bain hasn't looked up to much in his appearances to date, but maybe it's worth giving him a start to see if there is real potential there.

Defensive limitations are mainly due to Barnes failure to recruit replacements. Bakayogo is quite decent in the air and while he's not a central defender, when Goodi went off, might it have been better to move him into the centre and play Cresswell at left-back?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The thinness of the squad was clear today. We can't afford many injuries or suspensions.

I'm not so downbeat as some of you. Stockport, Brighton, Carlisle and Gillingham all lost today. Most of the teams in the bottom half are struggling for consistency. We are still in touch, although the sooner we get a manager the better.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Tell me he didn't play Cresswell at centre back?

We MUST MUST win on Tuesday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think Broomes went into central defence with Cressa at right-back. My point was given what Yosser says about being up against a decent left-winger, keeping the right-sided Broomes there makes more sense. It would be at the risk of playing the Bakayogo at centre-back though.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Moving Ash Taylor back to center half and bringing on one of our many central midfielders in place of the injured Goodison would have been my preference.

I don't think our front men are playing particulaly badly, I think our issues are more deep rooted than misfiring strikers. As Boz says, Curran has been one of our better performers this year. But this result was a huge blow.

Player
Goodison
Moving Ash Taylor back to center half and bringing on one of our many central midfielders in place of the injured Goodison would have been my preference.

Ash Taylor was at centre half already

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Meh, right decision was probably made then.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lets face it - Les Parry isn't a manager and never will be. He has simply stood in for longer than I expected. He'll always be a legend for his loyalty but needs replacing asap as a manager.

His comment once about preferring performances to results baffled me - I don't want to get relegated playing nice football - would rather stay up playing long ball.

Agree with points about strikers, we have about 6 on the books, inc Savage who is injured, and none IMO are capable of getting 20 goals. Nearest is ITM who along with the rest has no confidence.

I'd give Bain a run out as he can't do any worse that Curran in terms of scoring.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
The most depressing thing about Saturday - speaking as someone who hasnt seen a game for about a month - was the clear lack of class in the side. I had hoped for more effort and organisation - and without the reshuffle I think we had that. But Barnes has left a squad that is a) very imbalanced and b) woefully short on quality.

Yes he was working under very tight financial constraints - but the likes of Mahon and Welsh wont have come cheap - Ricketts either. Our best central defender (and we only have three so its not a great honour) is a first year professional, Goodison is past it (great servant that he has been) and im not a fan of Broomes at all. The midfield is lacking in creativity, pace and energy (not a great combination) and I agree with everything that has been said about the strikers.

Realistically Southampton are in a false position and will climb to safety. So we are 3 wins behind the relegation line already - a month before christmas and with a paper thin squad.

i think the absolute best we can hope for is getting to the third round of the FA cup, drawing United at Old Trafford and using the cash to bring in a couple of loan players to turn our season. In other words.......a miracle!