• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham 0-0 Superwhitearmy

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Goodi's distribution is markedly worse than McCrystals. Both should be capable of finding either one of our full-backs with a 5 yard pass or giving the ball to one of our 3 central midfielders to be honest. As a center-half, oftentimes your best bet is to just hoof it up...but they don't even look up or consider an alternative to twatting it as far as they can and that depresses me.
I don't think there's much between them in that regard tbh. McChrystal never seems to try and carry the ball upfield, an option which ought to be in the armoury of any half-decent central defender.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Blanchard is the best bet, but he seems to be totally out of favour with Les.

I found it bizarre last night that given McChrystal was injured, Les stuck him in centre midfield and put Taylor at the back. Wouldn't it have been better to take McChrystal off and put Blanchard in the middle for the last ten minutes, particularly given our shortage of players at the back on Saturday ?

I think Blanchard is a decent player, but unfairly seems to have found himself bracketed with Morrow, Wood and the rest.

As regards the injury problems, I am equally concerned about the forward poistions at the weekend, with Robinson out, Jennings still far from full fitness and Akins also going off on Monday (I am not sure of the extent of his injury). At this rate Les might be forced to play 4-4-2. :razz:

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
For what reason?

"Who needs Mourinho, we have our physio"
"Les Parry's barmy army"
"Parry, giz a wave"

All whilst playing the worst football I have ever seen. This was from a select portion of fans towards the front of the stand but it is no wonder Parry is so delusional about the fans attitude towards him.

These are the same fans who were chasing each other up and down the street after the came to "have a scrap" and spent the entire game gobbing off about how they were going to "do some mancs" after the game whilst singing Harold Shipman songs.

Its a football match and theres going to be "banter" but on Monday night, I was ashamed to be a TRFC fan.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
I think Blanchard is a decent player, but unfairly seems to have found himself bracketed with Morrow, Wood and the rest.

:razz:

This + McGurk also

Blanchard has done absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion this season. He works his socks off when he gets the chance but then gets bombed out by Les in favour of one of his love children. He has the Sunday league mentality where he picks his favourites and is completely incapable of altering the formation or tactics to accomodate other players.

I dont understand what Blanchard/McGurk have to do to get a run in the side especially when we have Akins/Weir/Taylor who are all putting in consistently sub par performances.

O

OneNightInGayParis

These are the same fans who were chasing each other up and down the street after the came to "have a scrap" and spent the entire game gobbing off about how they were going to "do some mancs" after the game whilst singing Harold Shipman songs.

Its a football match and theres going to be "banter" but on Monday night, I was ashamed to be a TRFC fan.

Left pretty soon after the final whistle so must have missed your first point. I didn't hear any of the vocals you mention in the quote above, so it must have been very localised to where you were. The most offensive thing I heard was "Oh Manchester is full of sh**!", which is probably verging on more comical than offensive due to its delinquency. In fact I would say that the humour of the SWA helped to compensate for the poor display.

At this rate we will finish the season with very poor home attendances; dismal vs Yeovil for a fiver, poor game on live TV, all we need is another stinker against Notts County and we could finish the season/start next with less than 4k!

Player
Goodison
Blanchard has being injured for about 6 weeks since January which is one reason why he hasn't been playing, but he has being unfairly treated by Les.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I dont understand what Blanchard/McGurk have to do to get a run in the side especially when we have Akins/Weir/Taylor who are all putting in consistently sub par performances.
I'd agree with that, especially regarding Akins who is terrible.

Player
Liam Palmer
I've calmed down a bit. We got a point away from home, that's what most teams set out to do. We kept a clean sheet - that probably wouldn't have happened if Collister/Gulasci/that Faroese fisherman had been in goals.

The frustration was that Oldham were like a boxer on the ropes before Monday and we failed to land a punch near them never mind on them. And it was live on the telly. Embarrassing.

However, while I agree that it's far more important to play well at home, I have to say that I am less likely to go on Saturday now based on what I saw on Monday. So in that sense Rovers have lost a potential supporter. I just don't have the confidence that we're going to even try to play football on Saturday. The management would love one point on Saturday against high-flying, in-form Hudds. I predict that it will look and feel like Monday all over again as we desperately defend to try to get that point.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong - they have done so on a few occasions already this season but.... I'm not sure I want to part with £20 to take that chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
LOL. Those songs seem pretty standard affairs at away games. Looking around for fights is quite pathetic though.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The atmosphere was horrible at Oldham and always is, as it is the annual away game that the scalls and numpties turn up to. After booing the opera singers on the pitch before the game (why?) the wallies then rang out the Harold Shipman song, which disgusts me and makes me cringe in equal measure.

On to other issues, and I am sad to hear that Tartan may not turn up on Saturday. If fans who have generally been supportive of Les stay away from Prenton Park we really are buggered, even if I can't really blame them.

drwhoman

OLDHAM

Unfortunately every club has brain dead supporters who just have to be ignored. I agree that looking for fights is nonsense. I remember one of my brothers being at Liverpool (yes - he does come to Rovers sometimes) once and he was just minding his own business walking down the road after the game when he was jumped on by a couple of Liverpool supporters for no apparent reason. However, when he convinced them that he was actually a Liverpool supporter they apologised and rushed off to look for someone else! I agree with all the comments about performance. I have always been a Les fan and I know he is short on budget but I am getting concerned about his tactical inflexibility - driven I suspect by his concern about our proximity to the drop zone.