• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Notts County v Rovers 20/11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Anyone going to what looks likely to be an important match if we are to bounce up the table? Slightly worried about Broomes/Showunmi/Goodison who appear to all be injured and whether we will be able to cope.

Notts County have a few good players (Harley/Hughes/Sodje) as well as a shed load of loan players from the Premiership but I definately think its winnable.

Also can anyone give me an overview of the club transport and whether its worth going on it or better to make your own way to the game?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I always prefer to make my own way to the games these days, as the club seem to be trying to make the official coaches as unattractive as possible: there is only a standard service now, without drinks, and mini buses are used for some matches. I think this is barmy, incidentally, as it is deterring younger supporters from travelling away.

I would gladly take a point on Saturday, just to guarantee we stay out of the bottom four. Hopefully the injury problems are a bit of a Les smokescreen and at least a couple will be fit by the weekend.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with RLC, those people I know who have used the club transport this season haven't been complimentary. However, it is a cheaper way of getting there than say the train, if you're Wirral-based. I thought about going, but £23 for an adult ticket is one of the steeper prices we've been asked to fork out and unless my lottery numbers come up, will probably give it a miss.

Too early to make any predictions, it depends on how our injury crisis resolves. I'd also settle for a point.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Sammy Morrow's comments on the OS made me smile. Talking about the forthcoming fixtures he says that back to back wins can move you 8 places up the league while back to back losses can drop you 8 places. Let's hope to God that we don't lose at Notts and at home to the Monkey Hangers otherwise we will find ourselves in 28th position! He may be a crap footballer but he is clearly a genuine Irishman!

A point on Saturday would be a good result. I am surprised that County have started so poorly, although they have done better in the cups (winning at Watford and taking Wolves to extra time at Molyneux), Fully expect them to start climbing the league - but let's hope it doesn't start at our expense on Saturday.

If we have more than one of Enoch, Goodi and Broomes out we could be facing an uphill struggle. I notice that Nielsen played for the Faroes tonight against Scotland. Not sure if this has any implications - do we have to play an "ordinary" loanee in preference to an "emergency" loanee? Or does this mean Gulacsi will go back before Saturday? I really hope not ...

Player
Liam Palmer
The Gunnar boy played really well last night against Scotland. Although all three goals came from corners he wasn't at fault with any of them. The defence in front of him was rotten and it was almost total one-way traffic towards his goal (quite unusual that for a Scotland game). He made three really good saves and all-round was easily the Faroes best player. If he plays like that for us we'll be OK.

Also it was nice to see a 'Tranmere' player playing international football - he was even listed as a Rovers player!

O

OneNightInGayParis

Thanks for the update TT - I can feel my worries melting away. Bring back Gunnar - I say!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Haha, yeah I find strange that Gunnar can go off to play international football when we've not seen him since 7th August! 3 and a half months ago!!!:x I do rate him as a decent keeper, but for a 6 month loan to have played once is a joke, yet in that time he's played 4 times for the Faroes! Something going on there methinks.

Anyway, unable to go to Notts. I'm completing my FA level 1 coaching badges this weekend (that's why I missed the Plymouth game too incidentally).

They've only got a big name and reputation because of last year's farce with Sven and their 'owners' who nobody knew! They spent big but nobody knows whose money it was or where it came from. Ridiculous and quite frankly wrong. I feel they cheated their way to promotion.

As it is, they're here but not as good a side as you may think. If we go there with a good positive attitude, there's no reason to think we cannot get a positive result. My tactic, as I've been saying for the last few weeks, would be to give young Dale the ball. He terrorises defenders with his skill, power and pace and will cause all defences in this league no end of trouble.

If 2 or 3 defenders go out to him, it gives space for others to play, and we dont have bad players in Welshy, Labadie, ITM etc who can all use the ball really well. I wonder if the 4 3 3 formation may return for this one? What dya think lads and lasses?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think notts county still have a few good players lee hughes will score goals at this level and ben davies is a decent player, i think the injuries could well dictate what system we use.

I would be happy with a draw

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ben Davies is a player we should have signed a long time ago when he was at Chester. He is real quality at this level. They had him and Ryan Lowe (now of Bury) at the time.

Anyway - I'll be surprised if we lose this one. Confidence must be at its highest level for a while with Notts County on a poor run. I'd take a draw considering we could have a few players missing but if Goodi etc are passed fit, we could win this one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A draw wouldn't be a bad result. A win however would be superb and would give us another three wins on the bounce. They are obviously struggling but it's their dire away form which is causing them big problems. They haven't drawn any at home yet, so maybe I should just go with an away win :)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Enoch & Broomes are both out injured goodison very doubtfull so a point would be a good result.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enoch & Broomes are both out injured goodison very doubtfull so a point would be a good result.
This time, I'm going to say Goodison is playing, because HE ALWAYS DOES. :)
Having Enoch out is a big blow as he really does a good job holding it up and bringing others into play. We'll be lightweight upfront without him.

I'm going to stay positive. If we can keep a clean sheet in the first 45 mins, the game will swing our way in the 2nd half.

Come on Rovers!! \\:D/

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The injuries are a bit of a downer, as with a full strength side I could have seen us picking up three points on Saturday. That said, with ITM and Dale in their current form we stil have a real goal threat in the side.

As Ian says, I would expect Goodison to play, and reckon that Les will go 4-4-3 with ITM, Jennings and Akins as the front three.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's bad news about the absentees; Marlon has been steady since coming back though Enoch has looked as though he's been carrying an injury recently. While I'd agree history suggests Goodi will play, if he isn't able to, I'd rather see Blanchard in central defence than a pairing of Wood and Grandison. Elsewhere, Les has been making positive noises about Morrow, so don't be too surprised to see us lining up in a 442, with the same players that finished the match against Plymouth save Joss replacing Mendy. Personally, I'd prefer a 433 as RLC suggests.

I don't expect us to keep a clean sheet in this one, so in order to get something, we'll need to score at least once. Ince had a good record against us with the Franchise, I'm fearful that may continue.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Can we get the thread titles correct please? I saw it and panicked that it was a home game and I'd got all confused. :?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Can we get the thread titles correct please? I saw it and panicked that it was a home game and I'd got all confused. :?:?:?:?:?:?:?

The thread title is correct NOTTS COUNTY v TRFC

Status
Not open for further replies.