• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next 4 games... winnable?

Ally

Player
Aldo
Just checking the fixture lists for the next 4 games:

Home to Orient
Away at Brighton
Home to Millwall
Away at Brizzle

Anyone else think these are winnable? It is perhaps an easier run of games than the 4 previous games which we've won (maybe). Now, I know that predicting the outcome of football matches is about as easy as herding cats, but extending this winning run we're on at the moment would be amazing. At the very least, if we can pick up 7, 8 or 9 points from these 4 games I'll be made up.

Any thoughts...?

L

leepaul

i think we will beat all of them exspecally millwall they arnt that good dose any one no how many fans orient are bringing ? =D>

Player
Goodison
We should be able to beat Orient and Milwall, but the Withdean isn't an easy place to go to and Bristol Rovers will be full of confidence after last time. 8 points would be good, I think 12 is a bit optimistic because knowing Tranmere we usually go and shoot ourselves in the foot!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Both of the aways are toughies. Orient is a 6-pointer, let's take one game at a time and see where we are after Saturday. Can't imagine they'll bring more than a couple of hundred.

L

leepaul

ye the bristol rovers match will be tough one hope we get into the play off an win it will be wonderfull an sort of weird because if prenton park gets built better am to used to see ing as it is lol but it will be great T.R.F.C

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Rovers have a point to prove on Saturday after Orient beat us 3-0 at their place as it was never a 3-0 game. I would expect us more to slip up against Millwall due to lack of motivation maybe than Orient. Thats not saying we'll defintely beat Orient though. I'd be fairly confident for Brighton if it was a Saturday but it will be really tough down there on a Tuesday night. Bristol Rovers... again we will have a point to prove against them so hopefully we may get 3 points there.

M

mouse

If we play like we did against Leeds in all 4 games then we will take 12 points.

T

Tom_Bombadil

The Brighton away is probably the most dodgy of these. But even they are blowing hot and cold. All defo winnable IMHO.8)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm more confident that ever about this season because of the superb form we've been in. I think I'd be getting carried away thinking we'd win all four. Even one poor performance would throw that.. And we are due one soon.

Home to Orient - Draw
Away at Brighton - Draw
Home to Millwall - Win
Away at Brizzle - Win

As long as we dont lose any games, the confidence will remain high and we'll stay in the top six.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It all depends on which Tranmere team turns up - the one we've seen recently or the version which played most of November and December. Playing to our full potential, we will go up. But I'm not sure how long we can keep this run going.

With Andy Taylor, Ian Moore and an in-form JMW, this is our best chance for years.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
IF we win saturday you will have been dead right Ian.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
IF we win saturday you will have been dead right Ian.
Well, I don't like to blow my own trumpet, so I'll let someone else do it instead. :lol:

No seriously, this last game on the list is going to be tough.
Away at Bristol Rovers, not sure if this could have come at a worse time.

Looking back at the dire home game, I'm not sure if it was them playing well or us making them look good.

Credit were credits due though, they had an excellent result against The Saints in the Cup. Now I'm not sure if this will serve as a distraction in the league (similar to when we had good cup runs in the aldo days) and the league form suffers, or.. it may spur them on, full of confidence.

The reason I believe we'll win though is because I do think we've got a better squad than when we played them in January.

Goodison is back in defence, Gareth Taylor has been replaced by Ian Moore and we are playing full of confidence and we are the form team.

I may delete this post if we lose. :lol: