• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Naughty Nigel

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The Football Association has today issued the following statement:

“Nigel Adkins has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3.1 following the Tranmere Rovers against Notts County game in the EFL League Two on Monday 1 January.

“It’s alleged that the manager acted in an improper manner during the 72nd and 85th minutes, which led to his dismissal, and it’s further alleged that he acted in an improper manner and/or used abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official after his dismissal.

“Nigel Adkins has until Monday 8 January to provide a response.”

Manager Nigel Adkins said: “I’m passionate about my football, I’m passionate about the Club I represent and I care for my players.

“I have an exemplary disciplinary record and it is regrettable I reacted uncharacteristically to the situation.

“I’ve made it clear to the players that discipline is very important to me and on this occasion I fell short of the standards I have set throughout my career.

“I will be admitting the charge and believe it is important that lessons are learned from the incidents.”

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
About time this club showed some passion. Love it, in moderation!..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A one match ban for Nigel who will be in the stands this Saturday

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A one match ban for Nigel who will be in the stands this Saturday
With the majority of managers, I would think their absence from the bench would not make the slightest difference. However, Nigel is so dynamic and energetic on the touchline there might be some negative impact.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A chance for Neil Danns to step up. Presumably they will be able to communicate with each other in some way.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
With the majority of managers, I would think their absence from the bench would not make the slightest difference. However, Nigel is so dynamic and energetic on the touchline there might be some negative impact.
Yes, I really like this aspect of his management style. I would imagine his enthusiasm is quite infectious with the players. Can’t imagine him sitting quietly in the stands!