• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Myre-Williams

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jennison returns to Bristol City after his loan spell has ended. So what do we all think? Should Ronnie try getting him till the end of the season?

Ronnie was saying before how he would like to continue his loan spell, but there has been interest in the young lad and I think some offers have even been made.

Ronnie's confident the lad will return, so what are your thoughts? With the absence of Davies and Shuker for the season, do we need to keep Williams or can Ronnie do without?

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
After that performance today i would do almsot anything to keep him. Even the fact that he was a left footer on the right wing didn't seem to stop him. Good to see him get the goal which was very calmly taken. Now if we could only get Ronnie to play him on the left with Curran or Jones on the right I would be made up.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It seems that the lad wants to stay and Ronnie wants to keep him. I wouldn't mind, even if i'm not his biggest fan. He's got pace and when he runs at players he causes problems (sometimes for himself as well mind!).

Seems Ronnie is having big issues getting other players in either through loans or out-of-contract players (a few trialists I believe have not gone as well as planned) so the signing of Jennison til the end of the season might prove important.

Player
Goodison
There must be some better wingers around than Jennison surely???

He dribbles a lot but there's no end product and he always takes one touch too many and rarely picks the right pass. Mike Jones is better on the right side than him.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm certain there's far better wingers around than him, but are they available? Either making themselves available by wanting to go out on loan, or being allowed to by their clubs. This seems to be Ronnie's problem. I think he may be looking for someone as well as Jennison, to play wide right and switch Jennison to his what must be preferred left hand side.

To be fair to the lad, he's trying hard, he has pace and causes defences problems and I wouldn't mind if we kept him til the end of the season. Ideally we'd add someone else too, but looking more and more unlikely as deadline draws to a close very shortly.

evo_trfc

I can safely say he was enjoynig his time up here and wanted to extend the deal so hopefully he will be back. He said enjoyed the dressing room spirit gets on well with the lads and wants to stay here.

However if a team down by my neck of theh woods come in for him he would be tempted as he was missing family for a while!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Ronnie said on his post match comments he is 90% sure we will get him. So hopefully he will stay... Ronnie wants a right winger but is obviously having problems. I reckon he may pull something out of the bag before the deadline on Thursday as well as Jennison.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good stuff... Hopefully it will be signed and sealed today so he can play 2morro night against Gillingham.

R

ruscopico

As aCity season ticket holder, I've seen Jennison play quite a few times but must admit I agree with roverstillidie from what I've seen of him and was expecting him to be farmed out to Cheltenham and never to return. Is the boy showing promise? or is does Forrest still keep running without knowing quite what to do with the ball?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is the boy showing promise? or is does Forrest still keep running without knowing quite what to do with the ball?

I think it's a bit of both.
He's certainly been more involved as of late, maybe his last 2 or 3 games, but there's still elements to his play which will see him run and run..

He's improved in my book from the first few games anyway.
Also, welcome to the forums ruscopico! :-D

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah I can definitely see an improvement since he first arrived, not saying much as he was pretty hopeless and injured to be fair when he arrived. He seems to have settled and is enjoying his football. If he had a right foot and a better delivery into the box he could be a hell of a player as he has pace to burn. Just needs to use his head a bit more.

R

ruscopico

Thanks for the welcome Ian, I guess to be fair to him, he is only 19 and wingers tend to be in and out of games at the best of times. Its not always the easiest getting hold of a left winger either.
Good luck for the rest of the season and make sure you give the gypsies a beating when you visit the rugby ground in february.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounds like he has just set up Zola for our second.