• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Monkey hangers tomorrow

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Rob has a few concerns ahead of this game, and there are some injury/suspension worries.

Goodison should still be OK to play. Showumni not looking so good. Broomes is still out as is Morrow.

It's the suspensions which will really hit hard with Labadie and Welsh out. That's the heart of midfield ripped out. Will Ash make a return in midfield?

O

OneNightInGayParis

It will certainly be a greatly changed line up tomorrow and our best hope is that our newly found winning mentality is sufficient to overcome this. Hartlepool aren't a good team and in our position, re: injuries and suspensions, this has got to be a blessing. The lads who come in must see this as an opportunity to put pressure on the first string.

Wouldn't even try to pick a line up the moment; however, I will go for the win.

Ash is going to be a tough call for Les and his manager's trousers will be in direct conflict with his physio's shorts.

This is going to seem like a very long away match for me; Blackburn to Surrey in the morning, back to PP for the match and then home to Blackburn. About 540 miles? It had better be worth it! It can't be any worse than the corresponding fixture last season ...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's the suspensions which will really hit hard with Labadie and Welsh out. That's the heart of midfield ripped out. Will Ash make a return in midfield?

I don't think Ash is anywhere near ready to be honest, as he hasn't even played a reserve game yet. If Blanchard moves into midfield I just hope we don't see Wood at centre back.

Going 4-4-2 with Mendy and Fraughan as a central pairing could be an option, but would leave us a bit lightweight in the middle.

As ONIGP says, the corresponding match last year was possibly the worst game of football ever played. Let's hope for better tomorrow !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I remember last season's game as well. A misty Friday night(whatever happened to Friday night games?) and only due to a great save from Daniels late on did we earn a point.

It doesn't look too hopeful from what Les is saying, tho' I didn't expect Enoch to turn out at the weekend. The suspended pair of Welsh and Labadie will be missing, likewise Darville and Broomes are definitely out, while Grandison, Morrow, Enoch and Goodi are doubtful and Ash some way from full fitness. We should be relieved that McLaren isn't fit enough to send his trademark long balls. So it looks like there will be a few youngsters on the bench and I can see Wood getting a start.

We rode our luck at the weekend, while Pools were robbed of a hard-earned point by a dodgy last minute penalty, so there is a fear that things will even out come Tuesday evening. I actually think that with the weakened team we'll be putting out, a point wouldn't be a bad outcome in front of a 4.2k crowd.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's ridiculous the amount of players out. Broomes, McLaren, Mahon, Darville, Labadie, Welsh, Grandison, Morrow, and possibly even Showunmi and Goodison. 10 players!! what's going on.. I'd agree with Boz. We did ride our luck on Saturday and the team is certainly going to be weaker. Let's just hope it's a decent game and not a poor one like last year.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, at least it provides us with a bit more cover and gives the lad a chance to show what he can do if selected.

Mantom agreed to a loan spell at Haukar playing in the Icelandic Premier league during 2010. His time during this loan saw some good appearances for the youngster. Since his return Haukar have praised him for his professionalism during his loan term and would relish his return for any future loan agreements.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
4-1 in Tranmeres favour is my prediction.

Hartlepools consolation goal will be a dodgy penalty for a ball that hit the chest of a defender outside the area ....

Ally

Player
Aldo
I think we might just shade this, 2-1, even with all the injuries we have. It'll be tough though...